close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

[CT]$75 million worth of drugs stolen

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by harlenm, Mar 16, 2010.

1. harlenm

harlenm Millennium Member

Bob Wilson
    Mar 15, 2010 10:39 p.m.

Thieves broke into an Enfield warehouse filled with prescription drugs over the weekend, getting away with up to $75 million worth of narcotics.

The large, non-descript brown building back in the woods in Enfield is a transportation hub of sorts for prescription drug company Eli Lilly . Over the weekend someone cut a hole in the roof and rappelled inside, stealing between $50-$75 million worth of drugs. It's the largest theft in town history.

"The hole was very high up and there was no way they you would be able to leap to the floor," Enfield Police Chief Carl Sferrazza said. "I don't want to get into the specific evidence that we found there, but we believe that is how they gained entry into the building."

Police are still collecting evidence and trying to figure how much of what drugs were stolen. Sources close to the investigation say about 70 pallets of prescription drugs were taken.

"We don't have a list of exactly what they took," Chief Sferrazza said. "There are pain killers involved. All prescription drugs. That is the kind of narcotics that are housed there."

Police say the thieves may have gone in through the roof, but they probably left out the back door at the loading docks because they needed at least one tractor trailer, maybe two, to get the drugs out. Police say these guys knew what they were doing.

"The evidence the officers found, this does not appear that it is one or two individuals that committed this burglary," said Chief Sferrazza. "It appears to be a well-organized and large-scale operation."

Federal authorities will be meeting Tuesday morning to go over what happened and to try to figure out who committed this crime.

Anyone who may have witnessed anything is asked to contact the Enfield Police Department at 860-763-8918.

2. Adjuster

Adjuster

I know this isn't going to sound right but I am fascinated and may even admire a little bit the people that pull something like this off. This is no crack head spur of the moment crime. This is a huge ordeal taking weeks or months of planning with organization and logistics that the general public/criminal would not be able to accomplish. This is supervillain stuff. Now that they have accomplished this theft what is the plan to market these drugs. They wont be sold on the street corner. You can bet a buyer was arranged well before the theft took place. I will say that the downfall of this crime is most likely there is an inside man. There always is on these types of large scale thefts. To even think that they were able to back up a semi or possibly two to the loading dock boggles the mind. Made for tv movie in the works on this one.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010

3. Gallium

Gallium CLM

It was an inside job.

One of my clients (also in this line of business) got hit last year. Street value on the drugs were nothing to sneeze at. Local PDs around here were NOT HAPPY, as they had not (despite my repeated imploring) taken enough measures to secure the facility.

That hit (this story) has all the markings of folks who knew what was there, when to hit the place, how much crap they would be hauling, and how much manpower to make the hit.

70 pallets of ANYTHING is a lot of ****ing ****. you need a motorized / assisted pallet lift or forklift to get that much crap in an articulated lorry or two. Generic pallets are 40"x48", so do the math on how many pallets fit in a 8ft wide x 53ft box...

Wouldn't be surprised if a supervisor or two from that company is not drawn and quartered. For sure the DEA, local police and possibly Feebs will be all up in everyone's business to see who's having financial issues, etc. etc.

'Drew

4. Jon91N/A

Jon91N/A

Recently a Best Buy was robbed in the same manner. I wonder if they're related...

5. happy seal

happy seal

The mafia! Still got their hands in business up here, big time!