Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have sent guns back to several factories over the years. Sig, Kahr, Ruger, and Kimber.
From what I have experienced and read in various forums, it is not always clear what was actually done to the gun.
It took a phone call to try to understand what was done and usually the rep on the phone was guessing.
This is kind of like how factory people will say "Never heard of that happening" no matter how common the problem.
I can understand that no factory wants to admit to problems.
What has your experience been?

·
Oh, for a muse of fire
9,047 Posts
I had a Kimber Desert Warrior that I sent back 3 times because the damn thing just would not function. Each time it came back to me the worksheet had "adjusted the frame" as one of the things done to it. No one at customer service would, or could, tell me what that meant.

Reactions: FullClip

·
Registered
13,221 Posts
I had a Kimber Desert Warrior that I sent back 3 times because the damn thing just would not function. Each time it came back to me the worksheet had "adjusted the frame" as one of the things done to it. No one at customer service would, or could, tell me what that meant.
I would suspect that it involved a hammer.

·
Oh, for a muse of fire
9,047 Posts

·
Native Mainiac
23,795 Posts
Springfield M1A....the op rod bounced out of the track a couple times on me. Sent it in, and repair was "replaced op rod"?? Wish they had said why.

·
On the Border
15,282 Posts
If something actually breaks, that's one thing. But generally, I'm not interested in guns I can't figure out how to make work on my own.

It's just too much of a PITA to ship a complete gun for repair work. My guns are for shooting, and they need to be user-maintainable to support that purpose.

·
Registered
162 Posts
S&W does not tell you what they do.
I had a first batch bodyguard .380 that went back 3 times for light primer ftf problems. I have no idea what they did to it but on the third trip they fixed it.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
I sent a Ruger Security-Six back once, years ago. It would bind up when shooting lead bullets. It came back in a couple of weeks with a note that said "adjusted B/C gap". Which as about what I thought they'd do.

No more problems. That was about 35 years ago though. Only gun I've ever sent back.

Reactions: FullClip
1 - 9 of 9 Posts