Cruz Rockets to Third Place, Beating All the Other Single Digit Candidates

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by ChuteTheMall, Oct 12, 2015.

1. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/poll-trump-still-leads-carson-in-second/

Of course, that's not the headline CBS used.

more at link ablve

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep..._republican_presidential_nomination-3823.html
    RCP has them all:
    Date CBS News 10/4 - 10/8
    Trump 27
    Carson 21
    Rubio 8
    Fiorina 6
    Bush 6
    Cruz 9
    Kasich 2
    Paul 4
    Christie 3
    Huckabee 2
    Santorum 1
    Jindal 0
    Graham 0
    Pataki 0
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is Cruz's best showing since a Fox poll 8/11-13 also had him third with 10%, after Carson with 12%, and ahead of Bush 4th with 9%.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/interactive/2015/08/14/fox-news-poll-sanders-gains-on-clinton/

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    LASTRESORT20 and wingryder like this.
  2. vote Republican

vote Republican White and nerdy Silver Member

Presumably he's within the margin of error w/Rubio.

If this group combines superpowers they could be ahead of Trump

Rubio 8
    Fiorina 6
    Bush 6
    Cruz 9

3. Tacoma

Tacoma

Cruz is the best candidate the republican party has had since Reagan, all the better because the party establishment HATE him! My hope is that he maintains his gradual rise without antagonizing Trump, allowing him to surge into the lead in the final days and before Trump can torpedo his ascent.

BTW, if Cruz appears headed to the nomination, expect the republican establishment to literally work to elect a democrat(with whom they most closely associate), and do not be surprised if they(republican establishment)run Romney as a stealth third party candidate, they will do anything to stop Cruz, ANYTHING!

4. Deltic

Deltic

"Cruz Rockets to Third Place, Beating All the Other Single Digit Candidates"

There is still hope for this country.

5. fastbolt

fastbolt

The repub's will probably continue to work hard to find the most unelectable candidate possible. Cruz would seem to easily fit that role, although there's not exactly a shortage of such candidates on the field at the moment.

I have to wonder if the radical elements of the repub party are rejoicing at the dysfunction they've helped bring about, but for all the wrong reasons. How can they feel it's an accomplishment to put forth a candidate that would make whatever the dem's manage to field look good by comparison?

This is going to be a weird election for the history books.

6. Tacoma

Tacoma

I understand that you're extremely young, and focused on whatever MSNBC talking point rules the week, both of which represent significant intellectual hurdles, yet perhaps a little reality check is in order for you, the last candidate that the Republican party ran for president who matched Cruz's beautiful conservatism, who was also massively mocked & ridiculed by both wings of the democrat party as a kook, wing nut, and uncaring radical anti-deviant, won 49-states in the general election and defeated the mighty Soviet Union, bringing it to its knees in the process, which ultimately led to its complete and total demise!

There is a reason why both branches of the democrat party are sworn to do everything in their considerable power to prevent that from ever happening again...

SlowBurn and BengalBacker like this.
  7. fastbolt

fastbolt

I'm in my 60's, and I voted for Reagan.

Cruz is not Reagan.

Besides, you do realize that history shows Reagan didn't become a republican until he'd entered his 50's, right? He may be considered to be one of the most conservative American presidents to have held office, but it's not like he was a lifelong republican.

"Beautiful conservatism"? Whoa ...

8. Tacoma

Tacoma

Intellectually you're a teenager, a point your incoherent comment hammers home, Les Enfant, the point is that when given the opportunity the American people overwhelmingly choose men like Cruz and Reagan, which is precisely why the establishment is sworn to prevent such from ever happening again, they know which way the American people lean!

9. fastbolt

fastbolt

What did you leave out of that sentence, as posted, that somehow made it seem sensible to you when you were thinking it? :headscratch: You don't have to answer if you don't want to, though. Just curious.

BTW, as a father of 2 grown children, and after a career in public service, insults tend to fall away without leaving a mark, so you don't have to try to work so hard at it in your posted responses to my posts. ;)

Or, you can suit yourself with your childish insults and diatribes, if it makes you feel good about yourself. You might try to keep it to a dull roar, though, so it doesn't reach the point where it risks drawing justified attention from the mod's as a rule violation.

Doesn't bother me either way. ;)

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  10. IvanVic

IvanVic

I like Cruz, but he would lose badly against Hillary or Biden in a general election. He's not electable on a national scale. Not because of his ideas, but because he's just not appealing to voters.

11. fastbolt

fastbolt

Not an unreasonable observation.

Some of his rhetoric notwithstanding, he does seem to have the innate ability to ruffle hackles due to his demeanor and manner of delivery. Probably not something his advisers and handlers could easily help him correct, even presuming he wished to do so.

The 'chemistry' and 'likable' quotient is just as important for many voters as being able to explain how someone may have the ability to be able to do the job. Unfortunate, but we're talking about people and the reasons they do things. ;)

12. BlueBacker

BlueBacker

While you may be right, I'm tired of trying to appease those who lean left. They are this country's biggest enemy. If Hillary, or Sanders, or Biden are elected, virtual civil war will follow. I say damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead.

Cruz 2016!

13. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

I don't see any likability factor to Hillary or Sanders.

LASTRESORT20 likes this.
  14. fastbolt

fastbolt

Are you a fence sitter or independent who hasn't yet decided upon a party, or one of the potential candidates, yet? Might not matter to you then. ;)

15. HarlDane

HarlDane

If a true conservative can't win the Republican primary, what makes you think they have a shot at the general election?
    There is a reason Obama tried to play the part of the moderate and why the media tried to spin Romney as an arch conservative, the median voter theory works. Hopefully Hillary and Sanders can drag the Democrats to the left and help us win this election.

fastbolt likes this.
  16. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

I think cruz will take second place behind rubio, trump will either call it quits towards the end or just dive in the polls.

17. HarleyGuy

HarleyGuy

While Cruz s not my #1 pick of the GOP hopefuls, I do believe that he is the most intelligent.
    It's to early to start picking the winner(s). Just wait until after the first FOUR primary races and amongst the winner(s) of these races will be the nominee.
    The Dems will vote for their nominee as we will vote for ours, but the independents will determine the outcome of the election, combined with the eligible voters who will choose to sit at home, skip the election and then b*@ch later.

18. Burebista

Burebista "Democrats are garbage people"

Cruz would make the best President, bar none.

However, from a purely pragmatic point of view Rubio has the best chance to defeat the Democrat candidate, whoever she/he may be.

SlowBurn likes this.
  19. jimbo123

jimbo123

Plus 1000. I love Cruz but what would the mainstream media do to him. Rubio is the man, he can beat that old fat ugly lying witch Hillary

20. Burebista

Burebista "Democrats are garbage people"

Rubio has Florida, he doesn't need to spend any money there to win.

He is also capable to put California in play again. Even if in the end he doesn't actually wins CA, he will force his opponent to spend time and money there which otherwise would be spent in a swing state.

Rubio is young, dynamic, articulate, relates with the working class, has a great life story, and is quite good looking. At least according to every woman that I talked to, including my better half. And last but not least, he speaks Spanish which is the most appealing thing for Latinos.

Remember, Obama won the 90% of the black vote just because they wanted a president representing their race. I expect the same thing will happen with Hispanics supporting Rubio. And there are more Hispanics than blacks in America.

Again, Rubio is the pragmatic option and not my first choice. In a perfect world, Cruz would make the best President.