Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am no expert, but you might try a heavier trigger spring and/or a different striker spring. I do not have a G42. On my guns that (G19, G23) had "crunchy/gritty" triggers, changing the trigger spring (6lb) and striker spring weight (4.5lb or 5lb) fixed it for me. YMMV

·
MacGyver
7,397 Posts
When you are doing it rapidly, you may not be pulling back far enough, because it is smally and hard to grip.

Try shooting it fast to see if the trigger has reset issues. I doubt it.

·
MacGyver
7,397 Posts
I would not call it your primary carry pistol until you have fired at least 500 rounds through it.

Reactions: SJ 40

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I would not call it your primary carry pistol until you have fired at least 500 rounds through it.
Fair. 1021 rounds to date - 200rds of 95gr round ball, 800rds of 95gr flat ball and 21rds of 99gr HST. Only failure was a single stovepipe that was completely my fault. Limp wrist.

·
Banned
594 Posts
See if you can find a Glock armor in your area and have him look at it. examine it.Otherwise, you need to dryfire and break it in or send it to the factory. Some buy a dremel tool and do a so-called 25 cent trigger job which you can find on youtube. Go to a dealer and pull the trigger on several other 42/s and compare them to yours.

·
MacGyver
7,397 Posts
Doctor says: "stop doing that"

You will drive your self crazy, go blind, or lose faith in the gun for no good reason.

@cciman: As predicted, no "crunchiness" observed while shooting at any speed. To date, the anomaly I described only happens after very quickly racking the slide 3-4 times and dry-firing. Makes me feel a little better, but it's still annoying.[/QUOTE]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts