close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cruiser: Windshield needed?

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by Wicked96SS, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Wicked96SS

Wicked96SS Typical Gun Nut Millennium Member

When I get whatever bike I decide to get, I will wear a full face helmet...

So, if I get a cruiser, are the windsheilds really needed even if you use a full face helmet to protect you against bugs and rocks and birds, etc?

The only reason I am asking is that I just don't much care for the look of them on cruisers. Personal preference thing... I know that they make "removable" ones, but at least the ones I read they really weren't all that easily removable.

Anyhow, just wondered the benefit other than protecting your face from debris...

Thanks!

2. WellArmedSheep

WellArmedSheep NRA Member

When you're in the typical cruiser riding position without a windshield you'll get tired faster simply because the wind is trying to push you backwards while you're holding on to the handlebar. I really didn't ever use the windshield on my Road King unless I was going more than a couple hundred miles. Cruisers look better and handle better without a big ol' windshield attached to the front forks.

Don't ever put a windshield on the bike and you'll never know the difference.

3. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

The windshield keeps the wind blast away from your body. But it also acts like a sail in crosswind or gust wind conditions. Count me in as one of those who prefer not to have a wind shield.