Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I get whatever bike I decide to get, I will wear a full face helmet...

So, if I get a cruiser, are the windsheilds really needed even if you use a full face helmet to protect you against bugs and rocks and birds, etc?

The only reason I am asking is that I just don't much care for the look of them on cruisers. Personal preference thing... I know that they make "removable" ones, but at least the ones I read they really weren't all that easily removable.

Anyhow, just wondered the benefit other than protecting your face from debris...

Thanks!

·
NRA Member
2,065 Posts
When you're in the typical cruiser riding position without a windshield you'll get tired faster simply because the wind is trying to push you backwards while you're holding on to the handlebar. I really didn't ever use the windshield on my Road King unless I was going more than a couple hundred miles. Cruisers look better and handle better without a big ol' windshield attached to the front forks.

Don't ever put a windshield on the bike and you'll never know the difference.

·
Banned
65,070 Posts
The windshield keeps the wind blast away from your body. But it also acts like a sail in crosswind or gust wind conditions. Count me in as one of those who prefer not to have a wind shield.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts