close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Crossbreed With Truglo Tritium/Fiber Optic Sights

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by yellowlabsrule, Jun 15, 2012.

1. yellowlabsrule

yellowlabsrule

Hi there everyone. I was wondering if anybody uses a Crossbreed IWB hybrid holster with a 27 or 26 that has Truglo Tritium/Fiber optic night sights? I recently purchased a Desantis Intruder that would work for my 17 19 and 27. It is a lot like the Crossbreed, but cheaper. I soon discovered that I could not use it with my 27, because of my Truglo sights. This is due to the fact that there is not a channel going all the way up for the longer sights to ride in and out of. It worked fine with my longer Glocks due to their length and shorter sights, but my 27 is short with long sights. The holster is designed for the gun to be rocked into place and the longer sight was catching at the bend. It gouged the holster and was hard to draw, so I returned it. I see that the Comp-Tac Minotaur appears to have a channel for the sights that go all the way up, but I would like a Crossbreed. Does anyone here carry the sub-compact Glock with these sights in a Crossbreed? Have you had any issues? Thank you.

2. Ermytraining

Ermytraining

I use truglo sites on my g30 with a Mtac from Comptac. Nothing wrong with a Mtac. Well made and comfortable.

3. Carbonfly

Carbonfly

I have this same setup and sights with my G36. My Crossbreed doesn't have a channel for the sights, but I've never hit the sights while drawing the firearm. I'm not sure that the channel is necessary.

4. yellowlabsrule

yellowlabsrule

When I look at the Crossbreed the sight channel seems to be less of a bend and it transitions higher on the slide as apposed to the Desantis, which starts to bend at a lower point.

5. kneedragger45

kneedragger45

I have the crossbreed- super tuck and carry a G26 and a G 27 both with the TFO's. No issues what so ever. You are correct about the channel in the super tuck.