Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i wana get a holster for my g26 for edc. i like the looks of the crossbreed and mtac but want some opinions or expierence on the two i need some help deciding thanks so much.

·
Registered
192 Posts
For glocks I would definetly go with mtac. I personally like the way they conceal the gun, and ride. But either way you would not lose, in my experience. Now if you were talking about H&K's, I would go with crossbreed super tucks. Just my experience. And yes, I have tried both holsters for each of the two models I mentioned.

·
Headed to WA
689 Posts
Have both for my Glocks. I prefer the MTAC with the c-clips. I like the option of buying the kydex holster shell ($38) for different guns instead of having to buy another MTAC ($80). I have 2 slide shells for my 10mm and 9/40/357 sized glocks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry for posting in the wrong area still a newbie here and thankyou for the expierences and advice given

·
Premium Member
42,362 Posts
sorry for posting in the wrong area still a newbie here and thankyou for the expierences and advice given
No reason for an apology,......but it shows great character!
Threads posted in the "improper forum" will normally get locked.

Post it in carry issues or even search "MTAC" or "Crossbreed" there & MANY threads will come up. :supergrin:

·
Registered
846 Posts
so i wana get a holster for my g26 for edc. i like the looks of the crossbreed and mtac but want some opinions or expierence on the two i need some help deciding thanks so much.
mtac for sure,it is smaller overall by far then the cbst,but i didnt want to go up a pants size so i liked the part of the cbst that it was made out of one piece of leather the mtac minotor(spelling)has enough leather to make two nice saddles,so i got the best of both and got the mtac spartan,it is the most comfy holster,i never know my 19 is there once you find the sweet spot(mines about 4 oclock,plus if you ever change ccw you just have to buy a new kydex shell-jeff:wavey:

·
Registered
398 Posts
I have had both for a G23. The MTAC won and supertuck was sent back! It was more comfortable for me!

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I've never used a super tuck but I do use the M-TAC for my 26. Very good.

·
Registered
210 Posts
swamprattler made a very good point about checking a specific weapon in the holster you are considering. I have a supertuck for my m&p9c and LOVE it! Very comfortable even during the heat of Atl...Having said that, I have not used the holster with a Glock and it may carry very differently. Good luck!:wavey:

·
Banned
32,813 Posts
I carry my G23 in Mtac and love it
either will probably work great for you
I chose the Mtac for personal not function reasons

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
WOW lots of love for the MTAC! I have used both and dont think you can go wrong with either.

Right now for my carry guns i have 2 CB's and one MTAC, cant go wrong either way. CB offers a LEO and/or NRA discount as well

·
Registered
138 Posts
For glocks I would definetly go with mtac. I personally like the way they conceal the gun, and ride. But either way you would not lose, in my experience. Now if you were talking about H&K's, I would go with crossbreed super tucks. Just my experience. And yes, I have tried both holsters for each of the two models I mentioned.
This is very interesting to hear. I currently have a Glock that I'll probably end up carrying until I can get the funds to get me a HK P2000sk and I've been trying to decide between the MTAC and CBST for the Glock. I'm curious what specifics about the two brands of guns make them better for certain holsters. Could you provide some more details? My plan was to get an MTAC and then just get a different kydex body once I got the HK.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i just ordered the minotaur spartan i liked the smaller leather paddle opposed to the large one on the crossbreed, i liked the price and the fact i can get different paddles for the spartan. and as stated above i went with the spartan over the mtac due to the single layer of leather the mtac has two layers. thanks so much for everyones help in my newbie purchase.

·
Banned
32,813 Posts
i just ordered the minotaur spartan i liked the smaller leather paddle opposed to the large one on the crossbreed, i liked the price and the fact i can get different paddles for the spartan. and as stated above i went with the spartan over the mtac due to the single layer of leather the mtac has two layers. thanks so much for everyones help in my newbie purchase.
One thing to note-The reg Mtac and Spartan version are the same thickness at the gun and the Reg Mtac is thicker around the gun
I don't think there is one iota of difference in how concealable it is between the two-the lack of xtra leather layer is to get anotber price point

·
Registered
146 Posts
I bought The CBST for my G22 and g23 and wore it for about half a day and then called up and ordered another for my g27. Wore that one for about an hour before I forgot it was even on. Very comfy and I don't own a belt yet. I imagine it's even better with a belt.

·
Registered
281 Posts
+1 vote on the CBST
Same.

I wear my G19 in mine 18-20 hours a day on the weekends.

The rest of the time, on my way to work and back, my LCP serves.
I cant carry inside my workplace, so its easier to take my LCP out of my pocket than undoing the holster and gun. But my off days, my Glock rocks out in my CBST.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts