Crossbreed SuperTuck vs. Comp-tac MTAC for G30sf

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Captainns10, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Captainns10

Captainns10

Ive seen alot of support for both of these iwb holsters on the forums. I will have my cwp in the next couple of weeks and am looking for a quality iwb holster for my g30sf.

In your opinion, are both of these holsters equal in terms of quality and comfort... or is one flat out better than the other??

All feedback is greatly appreciated :wavey:

2. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

I've tried both,....of the two I perfer the MTAC

3. DLL9mm

DLL9mm

The MTAC is a better holster for the money IMO. The clips are better on the MTAC, you can change the Kydex bodies and carry a different gun, and you don't have to pay extra for a "Combat Cut". Get the MTAC.

4. beforeobamabans

beforeobamabans FYPM

I have not used an MTAC, so I cannot comment on that one. However, I do carry a G30SF in a CBST and am very happy with it. CB is a great company to do business with and their lead times have recently been under one week. Don't forget a stout belt. The G30 is one heavy son-of-a-gun (G21 to be precise).

If I were you, I'd get with WrenchBender for more comparison details. He is the "Mr. Holster" of GT in my book.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  5. Navitimer

Navitimer

I love my MTAC - I say go for it!

6. dontshakepandas

dontshakepandas

Just got my MTAC a few days ago and I love it so far.

7. NW-Warlord

NW-Warlord

I have no experience with MTAC. But I do carry my G29 in a CBST everyday, and I love it. The folks at Crossbreed are class acts and the shipping is faster than I have ever seen before. I dont have a bad thing to say about their products or company.

8. mds2004

mds2004

Here is a thread of a guy comparing the two...link

Im getting ready to buy a holster and it is going to be the Crossbreed.

9. CTfam

CTfam DREAM BIG.

Comp-Tac is a great company. I have no experience with CrossBreed but I will say I wouldn't want crosses on my belt clips. I think it's tacky and it would keep me from buying one. They should get rid of that.

10. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

I got a Crossbreed Supertuck recently. I will say that, at first, I wasn't sure about the crosses. I come from Jewish heritage, but have never practiced any religion. On a good day, I would say I'm an agnostic. Ultimately, I'm all about function, quality, and comfort with anything I buy in life. And, the accolades for the CBST were pretty much unanimous on GT. So, I overlooked the crosses. And, I also ordered the other clips, as I considered maybe using the velcro clips. I ordered my CB belt with the velcro. Well, it's been 2 weeks, and I'm still wearing the original steel clips (with crosses). I haven't even tried the velcro ones (but I may yet try them).

If the religious connotation of the cross bothers you, you can just "fool" yourself into believing they are a company logo (CROSSbreed), instead. Works for me! They're barely visible. And, FWIW, nobody has even spotted the clips nor asked me about the crosses, yet.

Crossbreed makes an excellent product that I believe is worth far more than the price. Seriously... a COMFORTABLE hand-made holster on which my life may very-well depend on is worth a lot to me.

Some day, I may also get a Comp-tac just to try it. But, at this point, I can highly recommend the CBST.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  11. bdhawk

bdhawk

i received my MTAC new years eve. i seriously looked at the supertuck, but the crosses on the clips was a deal breaker for me. the MTAC was more expensive and even more so, 'cause i had to pay sales tax, because i live in texas. on 'XD talk', crossbreed's owner said he refused to make a clip without a cross. he even advocated hiding the crosses with heat shrink tubing, if you did not like the crosses. i do not want crosses, swastikas, mickey mouse faces or any other out of place symbolism on my holsters. i was wanting to buy a holster, not rosary beads. a cross IS appropriate on rosary beads [i think]. i know my protest with my not buying crossbreed will do little good. he will probably sell lots of holsters to folks that like or do not mind, the crosses. i will not have religion crammed down my throat.

as for the MTAC, it is outstanding. wish i had bought it earlier. it will fit glock models in the 9MM, .40 S&W, and .357 sig ranges, which gives me lots of flexibility. it is much more comfortable than the other IWB holsters of other designs that i own, or have owned.

12. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

I'm also quite averse to having "religion crammed down my throat" or being imposed upon me in any way. And, I'm originally from Arkansas where that is quite common.

But, I really don't see the crosses on the belt clips as such. There were no religious messages on any of the documentation that came with the holster. Nobody was trying to "save" me. But, I understand that some are very sensitive to such things.

13. CTfam

CTfam DREAM BIG.

Well I must say that is a poor business decision. There are two people in this thread alone that wouldn't buy the product based on that. Two others who aren't happy about it. I was raised in a Christian family so crosses don't freak me out or anything. It's just the principle I guess. It just rubs me the wrong way. I've seen people put CTAC clips on the supertuck but if the owner is telling his customers "I don't care what you want, cover them with rubber tubing." I take that as a F you.

Comp-Tac will continue getting my money and support.

14. Max1775

Max1775 Marine Infidel

I guess you guys don't like money either... In God We Trust< LOL:tongueout:

15. merlin3

merlin3 new owner

but for every person that wont buy the holster because of the crosses there are those who will because they'll support a great company. guess I'll be ordering from crossbreed.

16. Zexel

Zexel

I have only had an oppurtunity to try the CB Supertuck. IMO, I don't like the clips on the MTAC. As far as the crosses go, I don't like them. It doesn't have anything to do with religion, I just find they don't "fit". But I look past it and love my holster. Will definately buy another one in the future for any other EDC I shall own.

17. Teufelhunde

Teufelhunde

I have both the MTAC and Crossbreed holsters for both my Glocks and for 1911's. While both are quality products, the MTAC's are superior in construction, design, comfort and weapon retention. My Crossbreeds will be getting sold shortly.

YMMV

Lon

18. kfbleich

kfbleich Po-Po

I carry my G19 in a CrossBreed and I like the crosses (being that I am a Christian). I can understand those who may not like them because they don't subscribe to a religion, or otherwise don't want religious symbols on their gear, but I kind of think of it as similar to the little angel that was given to me by parents, that is clipped to my overhead visor.

[standing by for "religion is for suckers" attacks]

Personally, if it were me, I would offer clips with and without, to increase my selling base...

Regards
    KB

19. hatidua

hatidua

Agreed. I've been very happy with every Comp-Tac product I have and don't want to advertise someone elses religion on a product I paid for. It was enough to keep me from buying an ACOG (bible verse discretely on every scope! :upeyes:) and it's enough to keep me from buying a holster with crosses on it.

20. Tarowah

Tarowah

+1 for the Crossbreed holster, and I like the cross in the clips.