Crossbreed Supertuck quick question:

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Littlescroll, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Littlescroll

Littlescroll NRA Member

I searched the forum and couldn't find a thread that addressed this. I have a G27 and soon a G23, I am wondering if the Supertuck for the G23 will fit the G27 and vice versa. I would prefer not to purchase two holsters, but I will if necessary. Thanks!

2. TheRogue

TheRogue

I'm on the Crossbreed website right now, contemplating this very question!

I don't want to say that the G23 holster will also fit the G27, with a 100% certainty, but I am almost positive that I heard from Crossbreed
    (in the past - over @ DefensiveCarry) that it will...

-Also considering the "Combat Cut."

3. NW-Warlord

NW-Warlord

Mine fits my 17, 20, and 29.

Forgot to add that I cannot recommend these holsters enough. I love mine, and if you ever have a problem they will take care of it. I can only compare their customer service to what Dillon Precision is known for.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  4. Littlescroll

Littlescroll NRA Member

Ah ok, thanks for the info! I as well am wondering if I should opt for the combat cut. It seems like a good idea but I wonder how much comfort I would sacrifice for that.

5. Littlescroll

Littlescroll NRA Member

Hmm so does it carry equally comfortably with all three? Or does it seem like it fits any of those models better than another?

6. NW-Warlord

NW-Warlord

They all fit in the holster. The 20 and 29 has formed the leather outward a little so the 17 is a loose fit now. This is due to the wider dimension of the guns. I never carry the 17 so this is a non issue for me. For you it should not matter at all since both of yours are the same width. My friend carries his 22 and 23 interchangeably with no issues.

I would highly recommend you consider the horse hide option if you live in a wet climate or sweat a lot. I am really glad I got mine in horse hide.

7. TheRogue

TheRogue

It looks like there are quite a few standard cut users, that have opted to Combat Cut their own...
    Supertuck - To cut or not to cut?

Here's another thread, verifying that it fits multiple Glock models.

I'm pretty much "sold" on the Combat Cut version. Have you decided the cow or horsehide question?

8. NW-Warlord

NW-Warlord

Unless you are absolutely sure you want the combat cut, I would opt out on that option. You can always do the cutting at home if you do decide you want it. That way you can see if you like the regular first. I like the regular cut, I think it is more comfortable since no part of the gun is pinching into my side. Either way you will be happy with the holster.

9. TheRogue

TheRogue

I think you may be right, NW-Warlord...
    Have you experienced any interference with the draw, having the standard cut?
    Does that extra material covering the grip area, ever cause you to jam your thumb?

Also, if you don't want to cut it yourself, you can always send it back to Crossbreed for them to do it.

10. joeface

joeface

I had the standard cut for my 27 and found it interfered with my draw. I cut it myself and even trimmed the Kydex a bit to get a firm grip. I did not notice any loss of comfort from cutting it myself.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  11. KDawg0007

KDawg0007

I can't say enough for mine. My G30 disappears basically with anything I wear. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    This is direct from their website regarding the supertuck deluxe...<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    "Each holster fits all Bbl lengths of a particular series of firearms such as everything from an Officer's to a 5 inch 1911, or a Mini Glock, Compact or full-size Glock."<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>

12. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

I got a standard cut, horsehide CBST for my G27. I don't see any problem drawing at all. And, I like the added comfort. When I grasp the gun to draw, my thumb goes over the rear sight / slide. As I actually draw the gun out of the holster, my thumb transitions down the side of the gun to its normal position. Hope that made sense.

I will also lend my "endorsement" to the CBST and highly recommend it.

13. Currahee

Currahee NRA Member

Yes, it will fit a G22/23/27/36

14. vinnier6

vinnier6

i would get the mtac slide version....that way you can use it on all pistols of the 9/40/357 vairents....i have looked at both, i just dont dig the kydex part of the crossbreed....

15. Littlescroll

Littlescroll NRA Member

Sorry it took me a couple days to get back to this thread :supergrin:

I broke down and ordered the Combat cut in cowhide, mainly because I do not sweat very much, nor do I live in a hot climate. I figure the black will conceal slightly better as well if(God forbid) I expose part of the holster unintentionally.

I also ordered one of their gun belts. My only true gun belt right now is a wilderness instructors belt that doesn't look so dressy. I can't wait to get both of them in a few weeks!

16. bandmasterjf

bandmasterjf

I've got the Supertuck for my G19 and it fits my 26 very securely too. I'm sure it would fit a 17 fine also. I do have the combat cut and don't care for it.

17. hhiglockcop

hhiglockcop

I use a Cross Breed ST horse hide W/ combat cut for my G22 / G27 / and the G30. It fits the G22 and G27 perfect and the G30 is a little snug. I would say you ill be fine with the combo you have. The CBST is by far my favorite holster as it fits my primary carry guns. I also bought one for my 1911 with out the combat cut. I will be cutting it to match the other holster as the combat cut is much easier to draw from.

18. DarkBlade1000RR

DarkBlade1000RR

Agree....I have the MTAC Minotaur .45acp slide so I can use it for my big bore 20/21/29/30....and I did have to get another Minotaur 9mm/.40S&W/.357sig slide for my 22/23/32.....fit and finish of COMP-TAC holsters are excellent!!