close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Crossbreed supertuck Question.

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by brian321, Jan 16, 2010.

1. brian321

brian321

Hi i am going to be buying a CBST and i am just wondering if i should get the combat cut or not? I know the difference i just need some opinions on what is better? It is for a glock 23. Thanks

2. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

The general consensus (and recommendation on Crossbreed's own website) is to get the regular cut and then decide if you want to cut it (or send it back and let CB cut it for you).

I got the regular cut and haven't regretted it.

3. JimBianchi

JimBianchi Da Da CLM

I like the regular cut.

4. MarcusT

MarcusT

I have the regular cut and like it and it's alot easier to take away material than to add it back.

5. brian321

brian321

Thanks for all the answers...What about horsehide vs. cowhide, I know horse hide is more resistant to sweat and stronger but is it really worth the extra money for it?

6. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

I got the horsehide. I live in S. Florida. That said, I don't work outside. I'm in the A/C 99% of the time. But, the horsehide reportedly is more resistant to moisture absorption (and presumably smells). So, for an extra $15 (was it? I don't recall.), I figure I'd go for the "good stuff." :)

Another comment is that I highly recommend wearing an undershirt (t-shirt) between you and your holster. I think it makes a big difference in comfort. Since buying mine, I started wearing them (didn't before - other than during my service in the Navy).

I've been wearing my CBST holster for 12+ hours per day and it gets more and more comfortable. About a month into it now.

7. joepa150

joepa150

IMO there isn't going to be noticeable advantage to owning the horsehide. I went with the cowhide and couldn't be happier. I also like the black vs the natural look. Also don't quote me on this but I read somewhere that the horsehide most people get in the USA is from the inferior parts of the horse while if you went with cowhide, it is very possible to be able to get cowhide from the preferred parts of the cow (sorry for the non technical leather talk).

8. GREY-GHOST

GREY-GHOST

I love my supertuck in horsehide. Im in S.fl, so I decided to spend the extra dough for the sweat factor.
    edit- I also have the regular cut.
    I do need to invest in a gun belt though.

9. toddmog

toddmog

I have two super tucks in cowhide...both have the combat cut. One is for a Kahr CW9, the other for a G19. Both more than exceed my needs and expectations.