Crossbreed Clips? Which ones...

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by profiler999, Apr 4, 2010.

1. profiler999

profiler999

Which are the best clips? snaplocks, vclips or jhook?

2. ranger1968

ranger1968

It really depends on what you are doing...if you are tucking your shirt in over the holster, the V clips are the option that allows for maximum concealment, since the clips are behind your belt. On the other hand, they don't have as much support/stability as the Snap loks...

The Snap-loks (which are what the holsters come with) are the most solid, secure clips, since they hook very positively to the belt, and they support the weight of the rig using the belt. That's what I stuck with, and I am really happy. I don't tuck the shirt in, or I wear an over garment (like a suit jacket if I am wearing a shirt and tie) and concealment is never an issue.

Remember, no matter which clip option you choose, having a proper belt makes all the difference in the world, so get a dedicated gun belt, like a Beltman or something similar....

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010

3. Ironbar

Ironbar

Snap-loks for sure. Best stability.

4. toddmog

toddmog

I have two supertucks with snaplocks. I also have a set of j-clips sitting in the closet. I've never even tried them since I like the snaplocks

5. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

I tuck my shirts for work every day. I started off with the original metal clips. They work great, but I felt they stick out a bit... literally and visually.

When I ordered my Crossbreed belt and my Beltman belts, I got them with Velcro in case I decided to try the V-clips.

When I ordered my Supertuck, I didn't know which I'd want, so I got ALL the clips. :) More recently, I went to the V-clips, and I haven't looked back. Extreme concealability. And, I have not noticed any decrease in support of the holster. FWIW, I carry a G27 every day.

I've not tried the J-clips. I got them. But, I suspect I won't be, as I'm happy with the V-clips.