Crossbreed Belts. Anybody use them?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Cheezeit9, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Cheezeit9

Cheezeit9

I currently have a Wilderness 5-stitch belt that I use when I'm carrying with my CTAC. I am wanting to get a new leather belt for carry when I use my leather holster since the Wilderness belt doesn't work that great. I've looked at the Crossbreed belts and like the looks of them. Of those of you that use them, how do you like them? Are they worth the price? I'm not looking to spend $100+ on gun belt since I really only carry on the weekends since my work does not allow me to carry during the week.

Other than the Crossbreed, what other belts would you recommend?

2. joeface

joeface

I use the crossbreed with the velcro backing. I love the belt.

3. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

I got a Crossbreed belt at the same time I ordered the Supertuck holster. It's my first gun belt (and holster). The belt performs as advertised. If you've never worn (or even held) a real gun belt, the difference is IMMEDIATELY noticeable. Gun belts are STIFF and heavy. That was new to me.

The only problem I have with the Crossbreed belt, which is 1-1/2" wide, is that it's VERY tight in some of my dress pants belt loops. Accordingly, I've ordered two 1-1/4" belts from The Beltman.

But, if you wear jeans on the weekends and only carry on weekends, the Crossbreed belt will work very nicely. And, the way it's built, it should last nearly a lifetime.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  4. Cheezeit9

Cheezeit9

I have also found a few other manufacturers that I am also considering. They are Mitch Rosen, Beltman, Galco and Rafter S. Anybody have either of these holsters? Comments on them and would you recommend any of the others?

5. captain117

captain117

I have one and it is a VERY heavy duty belt. It should last a lifetime.

Jim

6. Central Texan

Central Texan AmericanSoldier

I got a Cabella's Double Duty belt as a gift. It's a very thick and stout belt. Works incredibly for carrying. Cost $40 full price, I think their on sale right now for $25 or so. They are two layers stitched together, have a removable/replacable buckle, and come in brown or black. For the price, it cant be beat. You dont have to spend big $ to get a quality good working product.

7. Cheezeit9

Cheezeit9

I am also thinking about getting the Aker belt from Gall's. It's only $40 as well, so I might try that one too.

Do you have any pictures of your Cabela's belt?