Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, how many of you are cross eye dominant shooters as I am, and what techniques do you use to most efficiently and effectively acquire your target?

I am right handed, shoot pistols right handed, but am left eye dominant. I've just recently become aware that upon pressing my pistol forward to acquire my target, I simultaneously turn my head slightly to the right which brings my dominant left eye more in line with my sights whether shooting both eyes open or closing my right eye.

I've always shot long guns left handed though, dating all the way back to my Red Ryder BB gun shooting as an eight year old kid.

·
KoolAidAntidote
5,949 Posts
The long guns off the dominant eye shoulder make sense. With the handgun, you've hit on the right tack. Tilt the gun 15 to 45 degrees toward your dominant eye when shooting right handed, and bring jaw or chin to bicep of extended gun arm when shooting two-handed; this will bring the left eye in line with the right hand without having to tilt the pistol.

Looks as if you're looking for more input than here at GATE, where we're limited to one guy asks/one guy answers (sort of like an express lane). You might want to post the same question in the Tactics section here at GT.
best,
Mas

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The long guns off the dominant eye shoulder make sense. With the handgun, you've hit on the right tack. Tilt the gun 15 to 45 degrees toward your dominant eye when shooting right handed, and bring jaw or chin to bicep of extended gun arm when shooting two-handed; this will bring the left eye in line with the right hand without having to tilt the pistol.

Looks as if you're looking for more input than here at GATE, where we're limited to one guy asks/one guy answers (sort of like an express lane). You might want to post the same question in the Tactics section here at GT.
best,
Mas
Thanks brother, I kind of thought that after I posted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts