close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Crock Pot Recipe's?

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by UTKEngineer, Apr 14, 2006.

1. UTKEngineer

UTKEngineer

Hey All,

I just upgraded to a larger crock pot so I could prepare enough chili to last me and so I could fit some larger (3#+) cuts of meat in there to make some roasts.

Now that I've tried it out a couple of time, I'm in love with it. Sadly, I've discovered that I have far to few crock pot recipes!!

So, by all means, please leave your favorite recipe!!! I'm game for whatever you've got: pork roasts, beef roasts, chops, chili, chicken, turkey. Whatever you've got!!!

Thanks all!

2. KG4IDA

KG4IDA

My favorate is boneless Turkey Breasts with cream of mushroom soup. Just add a little black pepper and cook on low for twelve hours. It's the only way we have turkey anymore. You can also use a bone in breast if it will fit but it tends to fall apart when done. The netting on the boneless breasts prevents that. You can cook two 3.75 pd. breasts in a 3.5 qt. crock pot and three in a five qt. (Round) crockpot. Chicken breasts are good this way also.

3. tavo

tavo

4. citori59

citori59 Lock Guru

this is something my family uses all the time. place a chuck roast in the crock pot and cover with knorr's vegetable soup mix. do not add any liquid, the roast will supply that. cook on low for 8 hours or so. trust me, it is delicious.

5. UTKEngineer

UTKEngineer

These all sound great guys! Thanks alot!

6. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

I like the crock pot pizza.

It goes over big every time I have made it so far.

1 1/2 pounds ground beef and 1 pound Italian sausage crumbled

2 jars Bertolli spaghetti sauce

1 bag of the Mexican 3 cheese blend

1 onion, chopped

1 lb package noodles any shape you like. (I like rigatoni)

Mushrooms, chopped
    Green bell pepper, chopped

Brown meat and onion. Drain grease. Add 1 jar of sauce. Boil noodles until tender; drain. In crock pot, put a layer of sauce, noodles, meat/sauce mixture, cheeses, and as much green peppers and mushrooms as you want. Repeat layers one more time, (you can do this a few times more if you like). Cook on HIGH for 45 minutes and then on LOW for 1 hour, or until the cheeses melt.

7. method

method

I cooked some little game hens in mine last week. Picked up four hens, they were only like a buck fifty each at Walmart, put them in with a can of mushroom soup, a can of beer, a jar of whole mushrooms, some pearl onions, baby carrots, and a packet of onion soup mix. Cooked that on high for about 8 hours. Boiled up some wild rice and mixed it in with the soup and veggies, picked apart two of the hens, and made a sort of stew out of it. Made little chicken salad with one of the birds, ate the other by itself. It was all very good. It's hard to screw up anything with a crock pot.

8. major

major Rejected member

Funny that I just saw this thread because I used our crock pot today and made Cranberry Pork Roast.

In a bowl, mix together the following:
    1 16 ounce can of cranberry sauce (the jellied kind)
    1 bottle of cranberry juice (8-10 ounces)
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/4 tbsp. of ground cloves
    2 tbsp. powdered mustard

Put your pork roast in the crock pot and add a little salt.
    Then add your cranberry mixture by pouring it over the roast. Let it cook in these juices.

I put it on low and cooked it about 6-7 hours. then I turned it up to "high" for another hour or so.

When it's done, take the roast out and slice into serving portions. Pour out some of the sauce into a small pan. Heat to boiling while adding a little cornstarch. This will cause the sauce to thicken and make sort of a "gravy" or thick sauce that you can then spoon onto your serving of pork.

This was very easy to do and was really good.

9. UTKEngineer

UTKEngineer

Hey Lethal,

Do you just kinda cut the noodles and serve it like lasagna, or do you mix it together and ladle/spoon it out?

Method, thx for the hen recipe's. I've seen them at Krogers and have been dying to try them.

Major, is there any particular cut or pork (ie tenderloin, loin, butt?) or will any roast work? Also, what size roast?

Thanks all for the recipe's. As a soon to be college grad, I'm getting tired of ramen!!!

10. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

I use rigatoni which are about 1 1/2 inches long.

And I serve it by using a serving spoon to take servings out of the crockpot.

You can dip from as far down as you want. I don't mix it but take out spoonfulls of layers. I think that looks better on the plate.

11. major

major Rejected member

I think anything will do. My wife had bought the one I cooked. It was a pork loin and was about 2.5-3.0 pounds.

12. spin180

spin180

I've been wanting some pulled pork, so I tried this out today.

Just, damn! :drool:

I can't begin to describe how awesome the pork butt turned out. I've made similar roasts in the oven before and they came out quite nicely. Tasty and tender, but this has got them beat. Granted it takes a bit longer, but the meat is so tender and juicy.

I'm hooked on this method now.

Thanks, tavo!

;)

13. tavo

tavo