close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Crimson Trace user-installable laser sights for Glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by longeyes, Jan 30, 2005.

1. longeyes

longeyes

Anyone have any information on this Shot Show '05 introduction?

2. digitalpaladin1

digitalpaladin1 It's evolution!

This is all I've heard:

"First the Glock. With the notable exception of Lasermax lasers which replace the guide rod in your Glock, all lasers for Glocks mounted forward of the trigger guard and under the dust cover. Unfortunately that meant that no factory holster would fit your gun anymore and you would have to have a holster made by a custom maker that would usually require that your gun be sent in for the correct molding. Not anymore. The new CT Glock laser is an add on to the back of the Glock grip. Ernie Langston, Jim Cirillo, and I have all had a problem with the grip on one Glock or another. Ernie gets way up on the back of a Glock, and as much as he likes them, he could never shoot them because he would get ‘racing stripes’ on the web of his shooting hand. He believes that this sight will correct that problem. Many of us find that the long grip of the G17 or G22 and the short grip of the G26 or G27, fit our hands well. On the longer grip the arch at the bottom of the grip hit below the heel of the hand causing no problem, while the arch of the short grips fits just right in the hollow of our hands and feels right. The problem has always been with the G19 and G23 size grips. That arch on the bottom of the grip hits right on the heel of the hand causing the gun to point high. This grip should go a long way in solving this problem that was previously only correctable by doing a ‘gripectomy’ to remove the arch. "

Shamelessly stolen from:
    http://www.shotshowreports.com/2005pg1.html

3. avine

avine

I have to say
    [$

4. RetDet

RetDet Millennium Member

For what it's worth, Crimson Trace has been serving up the same line of crap re Glock lasers for at least the last two to three years. I'm not referring to nonsense on the net or such. I mean in face-to-face conversations. What they say really doesn't mean much to me anymore.

5. gwhuntr

gwhuntr Glocked&Locked

I was going to post a new thread but seeing the Lasermax mentioned here I thought I'd tag on to this one.
    Is the Lasermax any good? You are replacing your recoil rod/spring with this laser & how does it turn on/off?

Thanx,

6. digitalpaladin1

I love the Lasermax on my G36. It's spot on at 25 yds. It turns on and off by a replacement take-down lever above the trigger. You push it left or right to turn it on.

7. Zulu Alpha

Zulu Alpha Abyss Dweller

Ditto what DP1 said :)

Have the same Lasermax setup on a G36 and its instinctive, reliable, durable, and accurate. Now I can see why one would want the CTC laser grips on a revolver, but on a semi auto where you can intall the laser inline with the bore it doesn't make sense to me to use a CTC. That being said, you may like the CTC offerings better than Lasermax or vice versa both are good products.Try them both if you can before buying. I just find that Lasermax is what is on all of my Glocks these days after 50K rounds of COLLECTIVE shooting between them and no problems to date. YMMV

8. digitalpaladin1

I've perfected a method of using my Lasermax at 25 yrds. First turn on the laser and find your 25 yrd target. Now this is going to sound wierd but.. forget about that lousy stock Glock front sight and focus ONLY on the target. When you do you will see two "ghost" glocks created by your binocular vision. Now, line up the laser with the center of the bore and place it inbetween both of the "ghost" glocks.

Tack driver. :)

9. digitalpaladin1

Here is a pic of the new CT device in question.

[​IMG]

10. Stopdropnroll

Stopdropnroll Millennium Member

Hi all,

Here is a closer view. It is shown on the OD green gun so you can see the details. Installation is simple, and the laser grip really looks great on the black Glocks (stays true to the lines of the pistol) The activation pad, on the rear, is very instictive to activate. The MSRP will be $299 and it should be available later this year.

Hope this helps, SDnR ;)

[​IMG]

11. longeyes

longeyes

What's it attached to?

12. deviate

deviate O-TOWN Glocker

Not sure if I like it. Looks like it changes the way it feels in your grip plus it looks like you have to put holes in your glock or glue it on.

13. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

It would have to be easily removable in order to be able to access the trigger housing pin.

14. deviate

deviate O-TOWN Glocker

hmmm, maybe they are utilizing trigger housing pin to help hold the laser on. Good eye DannyR

You can clearly see where the trigger housing pin is on the laser, sure would like to see the other side. Seems all the pictures avail keep showing the same side of the Glock.

15. Stopdropnroll

Stopdropnroll Millennium Member

You got it.. Crimson Trace Engineers replace the trigger housing pin with a slightly longer pin that holds the laser grip firmly in place. (repeatable accuracy)

The other side of the grip looks just like the view I gave you minus the diode housing... very sleek.

As for the grip... It is very relieved in the beavertail where the web between thumb and trigger finger go. I can hardly tell there is a laser grip on the lower. The batteries and components are in the palm-swells. (it is very comfortable)

I really think you will like this Laser Grip. *SDnR ;)

*note, as I believe in full disclosure, I am an employee of Crimson Trace. However the the content of my posts are my own opinions, based on owning and training with Crimson Trace, Lasermax and Insight Technology laser systems.

16. avine

avine

Lasermaxes pulse and I am not replacing anything as critical as a recoil spring with an aftermarket part. The old range master where I used to shoot showed me the lasermax installed on his Glock and I thought there is money I saved. I shot a SIG 220 with CT grips installed and liked it. When can I buy one and how much and does CT have a GlockTalk discount? Too bad it looks like it is not going to be compatable with the Surefire grip mounted lights.

17. Dead Man's Hand

Dead Man's Hand No Way to Win

I have a couple questions about this thing.

1: Is it day visible like the newer Lasermax units?

2: Are they model specific or can I put it on my G20 somedays and take it off and put it on my G29 whenever I feel like it?

18. brawnless

brawnless Junior Member

won't the finger block the beam?

19. deviate

deviate O-TOWN Glocker

brawnless, that is what I was wondering. It looks like the laser beam will be blocked when your finger is in the safety position, not on the trigger.

20. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Lifetime Member Millennium Member

I and others I know have always shot the 19/23 better than the 17/22 size so changing the 19's grip to be more 17-like is actually a bad thing for me. :)

However, it's an interesting solution to how to mount a laser on a Glock without going internal.

As to the AR-15 laser, it's finally in production from what I hear, they'd had some problems. I'd rather wait a year and have them get it right than release early with bugs.