Home > Glock Talk > General Glocking > Crimson Trace on subcompact Glocks.

Crimson Trace on subcompact Glocks.

1. Well beside the title how are the laser grips on Glocks in general. I like my index finger on the frame and would this block the beam. But most important, Crimson Trace on subcompact Glocks???

2. CT on the Glocks are nice. I have one on my mini. I am lefty so my booger finger is on the left side of the frame. Depending on where you put your finger it may block the laser. You will have to test one at the store.

mike

3. No problem at all..........I have big hands and shoot right handed.........You will LOVE the CT grips once you have them tuned in.........
    John

4. Yes, it does block it. I teach universal cover, index finger along the frame.

During several classes I have been privvy to handling several CT handguns and when I use universal cover, the beam is blocked.

There are two reasons I wont use CT grips.

One, is in daylight the beam is only good for a max 10 yards.

Two, universal cover interferes with the beam.

5. thats what i thought. I remeber a guy taking them off his 1911 cause he kept blocking the beam.

6. I'd still want one for a G26.

7. I have a CT and a G27.

Without the CT installed my trigger finger does ride along the bottom of the slide.

However with the laser installed you can't grip the gun quite as high so my grip is just slightly lower, meaning that when I straighten my finger it rides a little lower so it does NOT block the beam.

The beam is NOT blocked unless I point my trigger finger up at a slight angle which is unnatural for me when the CT is installed.

If I want to block the beam I just loosen my grip slightly or point my trigger finger slighthly up.

Of course the laser isn't the best in daylight but that's not where it's strengths are. In my opinion the advanages strongly outweigh any disadvantages they might have and plan to have one on every gun handgun I own.

8. Actually, I'm not sure that having your finger block the emitter is entirely a negative. If your finger is inside the trigger guard (ie; making the final shoot/no shoot decision), then the beam will be clear when it's really needed. And if you can train yourself to either block the beam by raising your finger, or clear the beam by lowering your finger slightly, then you have an organic ON/OFF switch. Personally, I don't necessarily want the laser on the entire time I'm holding the pistol. Aside from the possibility of escalating a situation I might still be trying to defuse, I don't want the beam giving away my position if I haven't been spotted yet. On the range, you might be able to switch it off by relaxing your hand grip slightly. In an emergency, that probably ain't gonna happen. Moving your finger upwards seems to be a more positive method of not having the laser shining when you don't want it to.

9. I've never shot a Glock with CT grips...but I have held one of the blue Glock dummy-guns (or whatever they are) with a CT grip...

it's fairly easy to block the laser with your finger, should you want to...it's also fairly easy to just slightly loosen your grip to turn it off, without doing anything that doesn't feel natural...

Greg

10. One, the laser is designed to supplement, not replace your iron sights. If you're in daylight, you should be using your sights. They're quicker and more accurate.

Two, as soon as you place your finger on the trigger, the sight is operative. Where's the problem?

11. I've never been to a class or even had any unofficial training...

I held a Glock for the first time about three weeks ago, and fired one for the first time this past Monday...

I don't know the "proper" universal cover technique, but I do know on the model Glock with CT grips I can put my finger parallel to the barrel and the laser is not covered...it actually takes a slight movement up to block it...

the blue model Glock appears to be the full-frame size like a G22, so it may be different on a G23 or G27 size frame...

Greg

12. If you're a firearms instructor you know that most officer involved shootings take place at much shorter distances than 10 yards.

Even in bright daylight, 10 yards is better than nothing.

[​IMG]

13. Yeah. And I also know that at less than 10 yards sights, or lasers, aren't an option in those types of encounters because the crap done hit the fan. Anything else ?

14. The problem is universal cover. Most people use the laser to line up on the target. If your finger is in universal cover, the laser is blocked by the finger, so you can't line up using the laser.

If your finger is on the trigger and out of the way of the laser before you are on target, you just violated a primary rule of gun safety which says keep your finger our of the trigger guard until on target and ready to fire. That's my point.

If you move your finger to unblock the laser only after using your iron sights to aquire the target and then switch to laser sighting after aquiring your target with irons, you have just overly complicated the whole operation when you already had the target aquired with the primary irons.

So, if I switch to my supplemental sight (laser) after using my primary, where am I gaining ?

Ditch the laser and learn how to use your sights. By your own words, they're quicker and more accurate.

15. In my opinion if you are going to use a laser this is better than CT. I don't know how they turn on but at least the beam is unobstructed by proper handling of the firearm.

I used to have a laser and I think everyone except tactical units are better off using irons because most people don't devote the time to making sure they are trained with them and they are maintained properly for defensive use.

I have seen too many people rely on them in my courses and it cost them scores. On the street you aren't talking about points, you are talking about stray rounds striking innocents.

IMO, the laser is not a substitute for proper trigger control and skilled target aquisition and can be more of a liability than using just your irons.

16. :agree: I agree the iron sights are the most accurate for sighting the target unless you cannot see the front sights because of age. Within 15 feet I can point shoot very accurately but beyond I use the CTC laser on my 26. It is just a matter of getting accustomed to them to find the best solution for finger placements. Without them I have a very difficult time sighting the target if at all. I recommend them but it is only my opinion for my use. Try it and you might like it.:wavey: