close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Crimson Trace LG-619 G-Series (Left Handed)

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by Eradik, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Eradik

Eradik

So I've been wanting to get a laser for my G23, since its my carry and I would like to have the added "crutch" as its been called since I am still a newer shooter.

I've found the LG-619 on eBay for $170, which is a fairly good price from what I could find, but my issue is that I'm left handed. Now I know on CT's website they say all work, but if you go to their forums, and hunt around, one of their employees posts:

"The following models are not lefty friendly.

G-Series - Back of diode housing impacts the thumb knuckle"

My question is how much. I'm sure some people on here use the 619, and any feedback if your a left handed shooter would be great, or if you could just switch hands and see how bad it impacts the thumb. From what I can see when I hold my gun, I could see how it could slightly impact my thumb knuckle, but not any more than it would impact the edge for my pointer finger. I can move my thumb down slightly and still have a firm grip on the pistol.

It doesn't look that big, so I'm not worried about it not fitting into my lefty MTAC, except maybe a little bit of extra pressure on the laser since its against my body. Not sure though. Any comments are appreciated!

Thanks!

http://www.crimsontrace.com/Home/Products/GLOCK/LG619/tabid/212/Default.aspx

2. hamster

hamster NRA Life Member

Perhaps also consider the LG-417 model. It has a reduced size Diode and thus may interfere less. Of course the LG-436 model (trigger guard mounted) would not interfere at all, but it won't fit in your MTAC.

3. Eradik

Eradik

Thanks for the reply. Ya I had looked into that one as well. I think Im just going to try different ones and see how it goes.

I did get the 619 at a local store that had a return policy. I havn't shot it yet, but in my dry firing it didnt impact me at all as far as the thumb. My question is reliability of the unit. Its obviously going to be against the holster and the laser will be against my body.

Im a bigger guy, so there will be pressure applied to the side of the unit, especially when im sitting down. Will that cause problems in the long run? Are they built pretty well to be okay with some pressure. Obviously if I landed wrong if I fell it could cause some damage, but im meaning overall would it have issues getting some pressure applied to it?

Thanks again

4. ctcdesigner

ctcdesigner

Eradik,

CTC is located in Wilsonville Oregon, if you are close enough just come by the plant and try both versions for yourself. On the 619, your hand size and how you grip the gun will determine if you will have an issue shooting left handed. I hope you get a chance to come by.

Dan

5. Eradik

Eradik

That's pretty awesome that I could try that. I live in Salem so its a very short drive. I did shoot an email to customer service and they said it shouldn't be a problem at all. But I might want to see about the other laser anyway since it might be a little bit better fit for me and my mtac.

Thanks for the info!