close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

crimson trace laser for G23

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by carolina, Mar 17, 2010.

1. carolina

carolina

I want to put a crimson trace laser grip on my G23 however I have noticed there seems to be a couple the LG-619 which runs around $199 and the LG-417 which runs around $299. I would appreciate it if somone would let me know which one they would go with and why. Thanks!!!
    Or would you use a different one?

2. TH237

TH237

The only difference is the shape. The 417 will fit a wider variety of holsters. My advice...spend the least amount of money that will serve your needs.

3. Eradik

Eradik

I just got a 619 for my G23. Amazing. No range time on it yet, but it fits well, works with my holster, and from dry firing its pretty accurate. I recommend, and will probably highly recommend once I fire with it and see its accuracy

4. carolina

carolina

Thanks I would love to hear how the range trip goes with it.

5. Eradik

Eradik

I go for orientation to the range I joined this Saturday and plan to shoot promptly when we're done. ;)

The 619's are presighted at 50 feet, and my range has a 10 yd (30 ft) and a 25 yd (75 ft) that I plan to test the laser on. Im banking on the fact that its Oregon and that it might be cloudy and rainy, since if its sunny Im not sure how well I will see the laser.

But, either way, I'll come back to this thread Saturday evening with a full range report for ya.

On a side note, the best part of the Crimison Trace? Their support. I emailed them at like 9 or 10 one night, got a reply the next day by 8am. Super friendly people.

6. alcapone

alcapone

i got crimson trace 619 for my 19 and as said above it was suppose to be sighted in at 50 ft.....it was way off. needs some tweaking. overall great product.

7. Eradik

Eradik

Thanks, I wasn't going to bring the tools with my for my 619, now I think I will, along with the instructions to make sure its aligned properly. I should be okay sighting it for 30 ft, right? (since I generally won't shoot further than that at the range)

8. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Neither hold a candle to an internal lasermax, but neither cost as much either, so that's a ct plus. Make sure the one you intend to buy will fit your holsters. That's kind of important.

9. carolina

carolina

Thanks!! Can't wait to hear how it went.

10. Eradik

Eradik

Range report time! The laser, like others have said, was NOT presighted at all. It was off at 10, 25 and 50 yards and everywhere in between. It was off quite significantly. However, after getting it reset it turned out to be fairly acurate and did a decent job. Was able to hit my target at 10 yards easily within several inches, 25 yards was a more off, but not terrible. I think its more that I'm a newer shooter and I havn't mastered my trigger pull, because once or twice I found myself anticipiating the recoil and would shoot the dirt in front of the target. The laser was bright, and while not in direct sunlight, the sun was out but was starting to get overcasty. It was visible easily at 10 yards and 25 yards, 50 was harder to see and I wouldn't probably use it at 50 yards.

Ultimately, I'm going to take it back and wait to save up some money for an internal laser. I don't like the fact its protruding, and since I'm a lefty it really hit my thumb knuckle when I fired, and my thumb is still hurting this morning. Second reason being I think its still off by a little bit, and I think an internal would be the most acurate as well as it wouldn't affect the outside of the gun at all.

11. theGreenAggie

theGreenAggie

But those internal lasers dont have pressure switch activation...? How do you turn the internal lasers on? If you're carrying concealed, you wouldn't be able to turn the laser on, right?

12. Eradik

Eradik

Theres a switch right above the trigger that you push in with your finger. I figure, and from what I've read, as long as you train with it, it doesn't take much longer at all.

13. BlutoBlutarsky

BlutoBlutarsky

A friend of mine had the LM and it kept coming on in his holster. Now he has the CT and after shooting his, that is what I'm going with.

14. telecster

telecster

Which range di you join. I am a member od Siuslaw in Florence! Two things in common new G-23 and Blackhawk fan

15. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Very cleverly, your Glock's slide lock (take-down lever) doubles as the laser activation switch. Along with the laser, you get a replacement slide lock and spring that you install. You can pop in your regular guide rod for range practice any time. ;)

We've got the Lasermax guide rod laser in our G19 and G21, and are very pleased with them! Both have proved durable, reliable, and accurate, over thousands of rounds on each gun. :thumbsup:

Product-wise and people-wise Crimson Trace is great stuff. For all the good press they get here, I'd like to see them advertise on this site! :eyebrow:

--Ray

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  16. khufford

khufford

I have a G23 and G27 both which had LaserMax internal lasers. I recently sold my LaserMax on my G23 and picked up an LG-417, it's great. I like that the LG-417 had front activation and does not increase the size of the backstrap since it attaches from the front. My understanding is that the LG-619 also has a tendency to move around, but the LG-417 is very solid. I also like the kill switch, so I can turn it off while at the range if I don't want to have the laser on instead of having to remove it completely. I like the LaserMax in my G27, but in my G23 I had a lot of issues with failure to feed on most SD ammo and even some target ammo. The only SD ammo I could use without issue was the low recoil hydra shoks, and I have heard a lot of bad things about that ammo. I switched to the LG-417 and now I can shoot whatever I want. I never had an issue with the G27 and will continue to use the LaserMax in it. That thing will eat whatever I feed it.

Also, I got my LG-417 on gunbroker for $244, so you can find them cheaper than what the OP states...

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  17. theGreenAggie

theGreenAggie

Does anyone here carry a G23 (or comparable mid-size Glock) in a Comp-Tac M-Tac holster? Do I need to get the 417 or will the 619 work with a comp-tac?

18. oneslowcobalt

oneslowcobalt

I carry my G19 in the M-tac holster with the LG-417 and I have no issues with carrying in that holster at all.

19. khufford

khufford

I carry my G23 in an MTAC with the LG-417, works fine.

20. samkat

samkat

I got the one that natchez had for like 169.99 and it shot dead on like they said at 50 foot.It does real well on a 23.