close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Crimson Trace Glock 30

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Errick, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Errick

Errick NRA Patron

Hi all. Has anyone here tried the new Crimson Trace for the Glock 30?

Comments, change of grip etc. ?

:cool:

2. Tejas NW

Tejas NW

Is it out yet? I can not find anyone whom has the lg-629 for the G30, yet.

Any sources?

3. Errick

Errick NRA Patron

4. Tejas NW

Tejas NW

Many thanks! I will be checking them out tonight.

5. Crimson Trace

Crimson Trace 1-800-442-2406

These will be shipping to Distributors in March. No specific day has been set yet. Joe

6. big68

big68

Lazers are just for fun. I would not put themon your carry gun but that is me, while you are busy looking fo the laser , you are geting shot. again, JMO, I would spend that kind of money on training, night sights and ammo.

7. cobain187

cobain187

Slept through grammar class did we?

"while you are busy looking fo the laser , you are geting shot. "

Actually your are focused on the threat, which is the natural reaction unless one has trained muscle memory to focus on the front sight

"JMO, I would spend that kind of money on training, night sights and ammo."

With the money you saved by not purchasing laser grips, here's hoping that you will use it to enroll in a community college English 101 class ;c

8. Vito Oliva

Vito Oliva Millennium Member

Does anyone have one on their G30/29. Just interested to know how you like it?

Thanks
    Vito

Big Dawg# 2863

9. MacAttack

MacAttack

My set is on it's way and should be here by the end of the week. I am looking forward to trying them out. I will post a review once I have enough rounds to make a judgment one way or another.

10. big68

big68

Cobain187, Bad grammer, I must admit to as well as bad typing skills but it does not make me wrong. Lazers are best left to military or police. I agree, the price of a lazer sight, you would be better off spending the money on training. Cobain187, you must be one of those guys that is always right or an English teacher trying to teach the world proper grammer. I did make it through High School, not GED, Finished College and managed to find a job where I do not have to deal with people like you, just occasionally run accross them on some Forums. :supergrin:

11. gmckinl

gmckinl

Touchy aren’t we? BTW, there is no “z” in LASER or an "e" in grammar.

12. big68

big68

Sorry to all, just a bad hair day.

13. dhoomonyou

dhoomonyou

A friend of mine has the CT on his G26.
    He has a problem racking the slide.
    He grabs the back of the slide with his fingers, and cant get enough of a grip on it with the CT unit mounted on the 26.

Thats all I know, just passing it on.

14. MacAttack

MacAttack

I received my CT for my G30 two weeks ago. It took a while to sight it in but afterwards it was true to point and made for quicker shots than using iron sights. One thing which became very apparent with the CTC was how unsteady my shooting grip is. No matter how steady I tried to be the dot still jumped around. Thinking about it really made me question how in the heck I have been hitting the 'X' all these years.

My CTC synch to install.... push out the trigger assembly pin from Right to Left, slip on the grip then push in the oversized pin from Left to Right. It took me longer to read the install instructions than it took for the actual install. Another member commented how the laser head sticks up on the right hand side of the slide. This is true but I did not feel that it was a problem with mine. Also, there have been several comments about the grip change wit the CTC. There is obviously some size added to the grip with the CTC but nothing that I really noticed for more than the first few minutes. The only complaint I have about the unit is how touchy the activation button is. It takes practically no pressure at all which is the way I guess it was designed so it's not unexpected. I was able to still use my VMII holster without any problems with the CTC installed which is a plus.

It took me about 100 rounds to sight my laser in. My CTC dot is just up and to the left of my iron sights.... this is possibly due to my vision perspective. Overall I am very satisfied with the CTC and can't wait to try it out at faster speeds.

15. 45+

45+ "Senior" Member

Thanks for the post MacAttack. I am considering the new CT and it is always helpful to hear from other users about their experience. We all realize that we may not have the same experience, but it still helps me to hear the stories.

Good shootin'....

16. Bruce Foreman

Bruce Foreman Millennium Member

You also had something to say about "getting shot while looking for the laser dot".

This is typical of comments (and judgements) by those who have no real experience with or training with the use of laser sights on pistols.

I teach a defensive shooting course broken up over 3 evenings during which we get in one hour of after sunset shooting each evening. The following is what my students actually experience when exposed to Crimson Trace laser sights:

We've built a from the holster presentation that brings the gun first to the pectoral muscle, then the hands meet on the grip at the chest just below the chin, followed by pushing out to full extension with the sights coming into alignment at full extension.

The dot is on the target.

No hunting, no looking for, just press trigger with proper control and hole appears. Now it may be off from point of aim if trigger control is not precise, but that's another problem (and training issue).

You don't hunt for the dot. You don't wait to shoot if you don't see it right away, either. But a proper presentation for aimed fire puts the dot right on center of target.

Shooters do have to train with and without laser sights, but the statement of them being best left to military and police is not founded on any basis of real experience I am aware of . If you have any basis in fact please document it.

Bruce Foreman
    Defensive Handgun Instructor

17. Bruce Foreman

Bruce Foreman Millennium Member

You are going to have a bit of parallax to deal with because the laser is a tad to the right of and bit below the bore axis.

I have CTC LaserGrips on 2 Colt Commanders, one J frame Smith snub, and now one Glock 19.

On all of them I adjusted the alignment of the dot to agree with iron sights (I'm lucky in that my irons are pretty much "on") at about 40 feet. So at the muzzle I have roughly 1/2" to 3/4" of parallax from the bore to deal with, at point blank range bullet strike is going to be almost one whole inch high and left of the dot.

At common pistol defense distances the deviation narrows to less than that, at 10 to 15 feet the bullet strike and dot are almost together, and at 25-75 feet the dot is right on. So aiming at center of mass there is no practical diffrence one needs to take into account.

Remembering, of course, not to neglect continuing to train using iron sights (or plastic if you still have original Glock sights).

Bruce Foreman
    Defensive Handgun Instructor