close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Crimson Trace Glock 19/23

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Citizen X 19, Feb 9, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Citizen X 19

Citizen X 19

I have just ordered the Crimson Trace Laser for the 19/23 from Impact Guns.

I actually looked at one attached to a 19 earlier this week locally.

My question for those with this laser on their Glock is this:

Did you attach the laser to the grip with the longer trigger housing pin that comes with the laser, or did you just simply "snap" the laser to the grip without changing the pin?

At the store I was at this week, the dealer simply snapped the Crimson laser to the grip of the 19 to let me "get the feel".

It appeared that the laser sufficiently snapped to the grip without replacing the trigger housing pin.

Just wondering what you guys think.

Thanks

2. G17Spice

G17Spice

I just finished installing my new Crimson Trace to my G19. It took about one minute. I used, and would recommend that you use the pin. If not, I think the laser would slip around.

3. Citizen X 19

Citizen X 19

Thanks G17, I appreciate your reply and opinion.

I did-not have enough time to play with the sample at the gun store last week to get an idea if the laser would slip around (on the grip) without the pin installed.

I would of liked to buy the laser at my local store but their price was $299.95. As you are probably aware Impact Guns in Utah has the laser for $178.99 with no tax and shipping fees. I can wait a few days for a $120.96 + tax difference.

Thanks....

Has anyone else not installed the longer trigger housing pin?

4. dglockster

dglockster

5. Team CTC-Joe

Team CTC-Joe Crimson Trace

The longer pin provided by CTC is what holds the Lasergrip on the pistol and provides a stable platform for repeatable point of aim.

If you don't use the CTC pin, the Lasergrip won't stay attached to your Glock.

Joe :thumbsup:

6. Citizen X 19

Citizen X 19

Thanks for the replies...

7. CTfam

CTfam DREAM BIG.

Sweet set up. Got any pics? I have been toying with the idea of putting a CT on my G-19.

8. Team CTC-Joe

9. cloner

cloner

Citizen X 19,

Did you get your Crimson Trace from Impact Guns yet? I ordered on 2/5/07 and I still have not received it yet. I call and they say it has shipped and I will get a tracking number in my e-mail and I still have nothing. Just curious. I did get my TFO sights, but even those took three weeks and a few phone calles to get.

Cloner

10. psybain

psybain

Has anyone tried using a crimson trace with a left handed holster? I'm interested in using one, but I'm wondering if a LH holster will mess with it somehow.

11. gary newport

gary newport

I ordered a CT from them a few days after you did. When nothing showed up, I called and found that the order had been cancelled! Not by me but by them, as the "don't backorder" box had been checked in the online order form. I don't recall even noticing that box, let alone checking it! In any case, Impact Guns did NOT notify me that the order had been cancelled.

Theoretically, they have shipped my unit--which I re-ordered during the phone call.

12. Team CTC-Joe

psybain,

The Lasergrip may or may not work with some left handed holsters. There are many holsters manufacturers, styles, materials, retention types and configurations available out in the world. Your holster question would be best answered by the company who manufactures the holster. The sweat guard and retention straps are the items that will most likely need to be looked at. I'd give them a call.

Joe

13. Jake44460

Jake44460

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've really enjoyed my CT Laser. Install as directed and you'll be fine.

It may take some time to get the Laser sighted at your desired distance, but once you do, it stays alligned. No slippage from the designated setting.

Depending on your hand size, the grip may take a little getting used to.

I've not had any problem with my index finger blocking the laser when outside the trigger guard either.

:thumbsup: