Crimson Trace for Glocks

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by alou, Apr 5, 2005.

1. alou

alou

Anyone know the eta for these laser grips? I've been waiting for CT to come out with something like this and needless to say, I'm very excited! Hopefully, the unit will not obstruct the thumbreak of a duty holster.

Glock laser

2. Rich22

Rich22

i think i heard something about october this year but i believe that was only speculation, i want to look closer at these but i am not liking the fact that it will change the grip but i hope a store has a sample around here to check out

Rich

3. Leibster

Leibster CLM

Rich22,

I handled these Lasergrips at the SHOT Show this year. It does change the grip slightly, but I can tell you that most people (myself included), the grip actually felt significantly IMPROVED with these grips on!

Last I heard, they were scheduled to be released in January '06.

--Leibster

4. alou

alou

Leibster, it was kinda hard to tell from the picture but was the activation button on either side of the grip or on the backstrap? Also, did you notice how tightly the unit "hugged" the grip? In other words, how likely is it for water, debris, etc. to get between the grip and the unit? Thanks.

5. Leibster

Leibster CLM

IIRC, the activation switch was in the center of the backstrap, making it totally ambidextrous. I noticed it did not have an on/off switch, but this was a prototyp I saw. The LaserGrips hugged the Glock EXTREMELY well--you could barely tell that it was not part of the grip!

Hope that helps,

--Leibster

6. alou

alou

Thanks for the info Leibster! I have always been a fan of lasers as a training and intimidation tool. I love my G22 but until now, there were no feasible laser options. Didn't like the lasermax due to durability issues and everything else was either too cumbersome or too expensive. I can't wait for them to come out with the production model. I have found that the laser on my taser is a better fight stopper than my G22!

7. ctcdesigner

ctcdesigner

Leibster,
    The new Glock lasergrips will not have a master on/off switch. We did this to keep the grip as small as possible. What you saw at Shot Show will be very close to the final production version. We are in the "test and tune" phase of the project and hope to be in production by end of year. By the way, our main test gun is a G22, partly for it's aggressive recoil:) We will keep you all posted as to the progress.

8. alou

alou

ctcdesigner, you guys have really outdone yourselves now! Please keep us posted! I wonder how many of us are going to violate departmental policy and get them for our Glocks? ;z

9. PP914

PP914

Judging by the photo I saw in a Gun mag recently, it looks like the CT would cause fitment issues with a duty holster, namely the Safriland roll-top. Is this accurate?

10. Stopdropnroll

Stopdropnroll Millennium Member

As this project is still in CTC Engineering, only a little can be said at this time...However I will tell you Safariland is aware of the new Glock LG-617.

The activation button is on the back.

CTC Projected release date: Jan 2006.

Hope this helps, SDnR ;)

11. alex954

alex954

hey CTC is there a way to get a group buy For GT'ers???
    hehehe ;)

12. Stopdropnroll

Alou, I am flying out to Houston Tx. tomorrow and will have several of the LG-617 Glock Prototype grips with me at Crimson Trace booth at the NRA convention. You are welcome to come by and see them.

SDnR ;)

13. alou

alou

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that! It's at the Brown Convention center right? Fri, Sat, and Sun? What time? If I can make it I'll be in blue with about 25 lbs of junk on my belt. ;f

14. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

Can I jump in here a minute and question ctcdesigner's response as to the master on/off switch...or lack there of?

The switch on my MKII grips is so tiny that I've had to SHOW everyone who's handled my gun where the switch was. Not sure I'm buying the whole small as possible excuse. Seems like with something as small as the Glock CTC lasergrip, it would be a wiser idea to have a master switch, and also for those holsters that secure by the backstrap of the pistol.

Thanks

-Emt1581

15. ctcdesigner

ctcdesigner

emt1581,

This is to confirm that there will not be a master on/off switch on the new CTC glock grips. When you get one in your hands for a closer look, (later this year), you will see why there wasn't room. Thanks for the interest.

ctdesigner

16. alou

alou

I checked out the new Glock grips. The diode housing looks like it will interfere with the top strap of a Safariland 070 holster. Damn!

17. Stopdropnroll

As you noticed, The "pictured version" of the "prototype" grips "may" interfere with the "current version" of Safarilands holsters.

By the time this grip hits the streets....any one of these components may have changed.

Be safe, SDnR ;)

18. alou

alou

I talked to one of the reps at the NRA show in Houston and he said that some holster manufacturers are modifiying their holsters to accomodate their lasers. But I'm hoping it's the other way around!

19. sablair

sablair CLM CLXV of C CLM

Just an addendum....

I am led to believe that CTC will be evaluating the suitability of the LG-617 laser sight for use with the G-37. If it qualifies look for updated information on the CTC site.

20. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

When I get one in my hands I'll SEE why??? Can't you just EXPLAIN your rationale?

I assume you do some sort of consumer testing/feedback type stuff before you put them out on the market. Right? Were there any particular suggestions about including a master switch? Aside from the lack of room justification, is there any others to support NOT installing one?

Thanks

-Emt1581