Criminals Pretty Much Avoid Buying Guns Legally

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by glockman66, Sep 6, 2015.

1. glockman66

glockman66

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  2. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Bigfoot enthusiast enthusiast

Yea, they can pretty much rely on getting their firearms from gun owners who leave them unsecure.

3. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

I have served on two juries in the last 10 years involving criminal activity and a gun. In both cases, I never heard of the manufacturer, and I am a gun guy. Lots of Saturday Night Specials available, no DROS required. ;)

4. Huaco Kid

Huaco Kid

I think it would be a pretty safe bet that if a bunch of guys went into the 'hood with axe handles and bats, they could stroll through bopping people that were hanging on the corners and the large majority of them would have a gun in their possession.

And the guys you took them from wouldn't file a report because they would all be stolen. Why risk a burglary charge?

5. glockman66

glockman66

6. janice6

janice6

I have seen statistics over the years that keep saying the same thing as this study. However, the people against guns are not really interested in the reality of this kind of information. Because it is not why they behave as they do.

They are primarily interested in getting rid of guns because of their personal fears of them, not for anyone's security or safety. They know this argument will not achieve anything because it's based on personal selfishness, so they coach their protest in terms they believe are more acceptable to their kind. Ostensibly, the "care for others".

Individual personal fear is the prime motivator for this attitude, and every cause loves a lie that promotes its goal. If logic were important to anti-gun people, they would see that many things in life, take life; and in much larger numbers.

Yet they don't care about those lives because they aren't afraid of the means that take them. (i.e.: Mental health issues, cars, abortion, drugs, and every kind of mechanical tool in the hands of unskilled users). These are familiar things they share in.

So to say that they care about others lives is a lie! It would be More truthful to say that "I don't like what you do, and how you do it. And in the interests of making me feel better, I want someone to make you stop doing it".

But they know this is no argument, and people would reject their wants as baseless. So they format an argument proposing that they care about others, when they really only care about controlling others to allay their own personal fears.

Fear makes them so selfish that they want others locked up to make themselves feel more secure. Security is a state of mind, and you can't lock up every body, just to make yourself feel better. Yet they try.

Sorry for the rant..................Maybe.

7. silentpoet

silentpoet

But isn't this the same study where some of the individuals who are turning their life around also possessed a tech 11 machine pistol?

8. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Bigfoot enthusiast enthusiast

I was talking more of the folks that leave firearms in closets or under the seats of cars.

9. glockman66

glockman66

In Chicago, last Wednesday, they had 8 homicides in one day. With the yearly increase in the homicide rate, I am sure that all the firearms used in these Chicagoland homicides came from gun shops and gun shows and all the gang members correctly filled out their 4473's and passed the NICS background call .

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
    silentpoet likes this.
  10. glockman66

glockman66

11. Diesel_Bomber

Diesel_Bomber