Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can get some plastic number placards to use on crime scenes? I am a patrol CST and have a pretty good kit, but they won't get us the tents with numbers on them. Any ideas? I don't want to waste time with making paper ones unless I have to.

·
Florist
20,063 Posts
You could go to Sports Authority or some other sporting store and get those orange or green cones used for soccer practice. Tape index cards with numbers on them.

·
NRA4EVR
11,697 Posts
I made a bunch from index cards. They work fine, but can get moved by a breeze a lot easier than the plastic ones. A thin weight glued to each one would solve that.

·
Registered
863 Posts
We used the tent placards for larger scenes. If you are doing small scenes we had laminated cards that we made ourselves. That way they were reusable (just clean them off when you are done. Just print some out and get them laminated. I even used data tabs (small scales for photographing fingerprints) so the photos could be calibrated if needed and it also provided a reference for court.

·
Registered
863 Posts

Those scale tents look awfully flimsy. We had similar ones and they broke fairly quickly and were so light they blew over in a light wind.

These ones are the best if your agency is willing to spend the money. I have never had these blow away on me...

http://www.forensicssource.com/p-1192-pre-numbered-versa-cones.aspx

Stick with yellow. We learned the hard way not to get the other colours;

Red- your flash reflects off the red and gives your exhibits a reddish hue... makes reflective surfaces like shell casings look like they have blood on them. A pain in the ass to explain in court.

Green- doesn't show up very well on grassy surfaces and difficult to read the numbers.

Blue- just too dark and hard to read the numbers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts