close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Creepy; drive by the site of a Japanese internment camp every day.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by vart, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Dalton Wayne

Dalton Wayne Epic mustache Millennium Member

We need interment camps for SOME Muslims not all but those that burn our flag, kick em out or put em behind wire

2. Bushflyr

Bushflyr ʇno uıƃuɐɥ ʇsnɾ Millennium Member

:upeyes: Michelle Malkin is an utter moron.

And a plug for George Takei's new show. :supergrin: http://www.allegiancemusical.com/

3. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Happy Member

Sounds like you need to read the book.

4. Annoyedgrunt

Annoyedgrunt Dry Heat my ASS

You guys are wasting your time. You're talking to people who had the good fortune to not be American citizens of Japanese descent living in America in the 1940's. If they had been, they might not be so quick with this smug "Mistake? What mistake?" BS.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  5. raven11

raven11

Sound like you need to quote the passages of the book that support your arguments

6. vikingsoftpaw

vikingsoftpaw DEPLORABLE ME!

It has come full circle.

Because we interned the Japanese-Americans domestically, we are all now forced to have our junk felt up at airports. All due to the past collective guilt which keeps us from profiling those that would do us harm.

7. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Happy Member

It's not my job to educate or inform you. But I do have a question for you. It's 1942 and you are in charge. There are espionage activities involving Japanese Citizens on the West Coast and we are worried about an invasion of the US. How would you handle it??

8. raven11

raven11

Hey , you implied the book supports your argument . So put up the facts. It's not my job to dig through a book because you can't find any support for your argument

On to your second question I would demand irrefutable proof of a conspiracy before I lockup every American based on the color of their skin

Because unlike you I didn't join the military to lock up Americans for no just cause

9. bunk22

bunk22

10. glocktecher

glocktecher

The worst part, to me, was the loss of personal property by decent Americans.

But please, don't be fools in the light of 71 years of hindsight.

There WERE Jap agents on our west coast. And they wanted to conquer, and enslave, Americans.

It is also sad, but many of the decent Americans would have been in danger by mobs angry about Pearl if they had stayed where they lived. I know it is not right, but I believe some bad things might have happened.

And I believe now, as some did then, IF YOU WANT TO BE AN AMERICAN CITIZEN AND ENJOY THE FREEDOMS OF OUR REPUBLIC THEN

SPEAK ENGLISH!

11. Never Nervous

Never Nervous

You don't have to go back to WW2 to see internment camps. They are built and maintained right now in this country. If there is any national emergency or civil unrest like Katrina again, Americans will find out about them soon enough.

NN

12. 427

The nazis didn't have spy rings in the US?
    The Italians didn't have spy rings in the US?

Didn't they have the same goals as thier Japanese counterparts?

Why didn't German/Italian Americans get treated the same way that Japanese Americans were. Germans/Italians looked like everyone else, Japanese looked different. Was it because of rampant discrimination at the time?

13. aplcr0331

aplcr0331 Compulsory Collectivisim

What's the statute of limitations on my self loathing for past events? And since I'm white do I serve a longer term of self flagellation?

But, I'm only a 3rd generation American so can I get maybe a 50 or so years knocked off my sentence? Do I feel guilty for slavery even though my ancestors were not here at that time? Since my ancestors were Vikings and raped and pillaged for a little while do I need to geel guilty about that? Oh, it was raping and pillaging other white people so nevermind.

Can someone with expertise in professional indignation point out which events I should loath, how long I must prostrate myself for, and how much hand wringing I need to do to purge events from the past?

Signed,

confused evil not rich white homophobic middle class white racist white average racist white guy.

14. aplcr0331

Germans and Italians were interned as well. Why does my 6th grader know this and you do not?

Japanese were so peaceful and tolerant of others too. Poor guys just a minding their own business keeping to their Island and fishing into perpetuity!

15. Brucev

Brucev

Re: OP. The japs of the WWII era were a threat to America. It's that simple. All the clap trap whining won't change that. Those who were genuinely committed to this nation could not be told from those who fervently hoped for the success of the emperor and his army. FDR did exactly what needed to be done. Very happily he did it without a bunch of concern about what would the touchie feelie liberals think. Under the same circumstances, it would be exactly the right thing to do today.

16. 427

Yeah, German POWs, Italian POWs.

How about German-Americans? Italian-Americans? American citizens. Were they interned at the same numbers that Japanese-Americans were? Were they treated like the Japanese citizens in terms of loss of property? I'm talking American citizens. American Citizens.

17. 427

What is the most highly decorated infantry regiment in the US Army?

The 442nd Infantry Regiment.

It was made up of Japanese-Americans who volunteered and fought while their families were interned. 8 PUCs. 21 MOH's among all of the DSCs and other awards for valor. Says something, doesn't it?

I was wrong it was 8 PUCs and 21 MOHs.

Then there's the almost 9500 Purple Hearts.

18. Annoyedgrunt

Annoyedgrunt Dry Heat my ASS

You know what? Lets just cut the bull#### and have a show of hands:

How many here think that the American government should be able to inter American citizens based solely on ethnicity?

The fact that I'm asking this on a gun board of all places, where everyone is usually always about personal freedoms and anti-governmental tyranny, is truly sad.

19. bunk22

bunk22

They were actually, look it up. For example. Is what it is, it was war time, a world war, we did what we thought was right. Sucks but those Japanese Americans were treated better than those the civilians under the Japanese. I'll use Wake Island for example. Just saying.

http://www.foitimes.com/internment/Myths.htm

Somebody mentioned the 442nd, yeah what about blacks who served? Their treatment at the time was worse IMO, way worse and even then honorable men served to fight for their country. Amazing what men will do for their nation even when being wronged by that nation.

20. aplcr0331

Asking a question like that is what sad. We're discussing events that happened 65 years ago. Nobody today would ever be sent away to camps like that. It simply would not happen. Some may want it to, but big effing deal. Lots of people out there want some weird ****, doesn't mean it's gonna come true.

Why are you so wound up about something that has already happened?