close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Credit Card Fraud

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by 9MX, Jan 6, 2005.

1. 9MX

9MX Rei!

BOGs,Fellow GTers

I just checked one of my credit cards online. I discovered a transaction with this site FLASHSTYLUS

I never went to this site, and its in London for crying out loud.

I wonder if you guys have encountered a suspicious transaction
    ;Q

2. kristiansen

kristiansen Birdwatcher

made numerous purchase online but never had a problem.make sure you are buying from a reputable online store pref. with the veri-sign security features.but then again,probably these hackers got your card number somehow.don't forget to call your card provider!sorry to hear that.hope you get your money back.

3. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Kung 'di yan kay misis cancel mo na agad card mo, file a complaint and request for a replacement. ;)

4. 9MX

9MX Rei!

i've made a lot of purchases online too. and wifey has her own cards. my card is already blocked and will be replaced for P200.00;g

5. bass one

bass one

My wife had this problem once with her corporate visa card in one of her trips to China. A couple of weeks after the trip she got a call from the Bank informing her about a suspicious purchase made in China after she had left the country. She was not billed for it and I don't remember if her card was replaced but it never happened again.

6. doctabako

doctabako Gun Aficionado

About 6 months ago, one of my credit cards was once billed for Transactions totalling 42,000 in one day. Some asswipe probably got my card details from a duplicator somewhere, cloned the card and decided to go on a spending spree in Robinson's Manila and SM Megamall, he even ate at Luk Yuen and of course charged it all to me. Since I don't use my cards that much and I'm usually here in the province(where my cards are useless :)), the card company was probably alerted to this sudden surge and called me about it(before I got the statement). All billings were reversed and I was issued another one with a different no. Nice CS :). Since then I've been wary about using my card and keep an eagle eye on from the time they swipe it until its back in my wallet. I've learned not to use my card in restaurants and establishments where the waiter or salesgirl gets your card and you're clueless as to where they bring it aside from the cashier sight unseen. I've also stopped using any of them online for the time being(Once bitten twice shy) until the next irresistable deal and then only from reputable sites with Verisign :)

7. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

Doctabako-- that kind of customer service deserves to be known! They look after their clients well. Which card company is this, if you don't mind?

8. agentrod

agentrod

I suggest you guys use a different card (with a low credit limit) when you shop on line - to many hackers out there. They dont even need the data on the magnetic strip, just the card number and expiry date.

9. jerrytrini

jerrytrini

Almost daily I see this type of crime. My dept calls it "Commercial Crimes". The following scenario has happened over a million times:

Customer gives his credit card to the clerk/waiter etc. Signs the bill, clerk walks away with customer's card in hand. Clerk returns and gives back the card. Customer places the card back immediately in his wallet or pocket. What's wrong with this scenario? The customer did not verify if the card was actually his. It looked like his card but with a different name or expired or stolen!!!!!There you have it. The clerk's defense is very simple and very acceptable, "I am very sorry, I gave you someone else's card."

10. doctabako

doctabako Gun Aficionado

Its an Equitable Mastercard. In these scenarios, its the victimized establishments that bear the brunt as they have to take a loss since the card company won't pay them for the fraudulent purchases done with the cloned card. I pity them too.

11. devotedad

devotedad

Although i am over here stateside, this happened to me last month. My amex for $16K and a visa for $24k. Amex already took care of it, the citcard visa folks are still looking through all the transactions and so far have taken out $8k, plenty more to go.

This is the 2nd time where somebody took one of my cards for a workout.

Stay safe,
    DD