Glock Talk banner

Crazy price

1127 Views 25 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  M 7
This is just crazy money

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Talk
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
2,791 Posts
Would this be considered a Glock Collectable? Because I watch the Vickers Glocks, they have the Killer RTF 2 style frame that every one either loves or hates. To me its the best frame Glocks ever made. Made in either the G19 or G17 models. They also did a later run with the G43. All these guns have the crappy "chalk board" finish. They could have been scratched in the gun display case before even leaving the gun shop? The only Vickers gun that had a "Finish" was the last edition with a flat dark earth finish. It was a cerakoted finshed slide. It was only done in the G19 & G17 format. No G43 was made in the cerakoted release.the G43 was done after the 19 and 17s.

· Premium Member
8,752 Posts
Wow. I have all of these. They've always had a premium. Just seem to keep going up - even in this horrible market.

· Premium Member
8,752 Posts
You got that right! :oops:

Good Heavens, they carry an MSRP of $739 brand new.

$1,500+ is more than double the MSRP.
These were only out for a brief time.

· Registered
3,041 Posts

· Premium Member
1,651 Posts
Don you would have to understand the nature of discussions about values here.
Many of us track this information. Some of us take it to an extreme level and track years of data on past sales.

So values of current for sale ads and past sales are common discussions. We certainly care what others are selling for and paying for possibly unique Glocks or early Glocks.

GT members routinely come in this sub-forum and make very dismissive comments over our interests.

It’s needless and silly. Comments such as those are better served in other areas of GT where the common attitude is ”It’s just a piece of plastic”.

· Super Moderator
Glock 45/19X
10,929 Posts
Moderator note: had to do significant thread clean up to remove the sniping and childish behavior. A few warnings passed out as well. Stick to the topic, stop the condescending comments and sniping. Take this as an in-thread general warning. Thank you.

And thank you to those that have reached out to me via PM. It’s appreciated.

· Registered
21 Posts
Don you would have to understand the nature of discussions about values here.
Many of us track this information. Some of us take it to an extreme level and track years of data on past sales.

So values of current for sale ads and past sales are common discussions. We certainly care what others are selling for and paying for possibly unique Glocks or early Glocks.

GT members routinely come in this sub-forum and make very dismissive comments over our interests.

It’s needless and silly. Comments such as those are better served in other areas of GT where the common attitude is ”It’s just a piece of plastic”.
Thanks for the explanation, of course you are correct for collectable items.
I also collect Lugers and discussions on value follow similar patterns. Collecting and analyzing data are one thing but implying someone is nuts for
what others pay is also silly.

"What's it worth?" questions and reactions to them finally caused me to stop offering my opinion on values in other forums.
This relates to my post and is what I was reacting to when I read the first post in this thread.

One of my "pet peeves" is when sellers remove the selling price for a sale on any of these forums, we lose the opportunity to track the sales prices; even though
we all recognize that one data point does not mean a lot without context.

I apologize for implying otherwise.

· Registered
3,041 Posts
One of my "pet peeves" is when sellers remove the selling price for a sale on any of these forums, we lose the opportunity to track the sales prices; even though
we all recognize that one data point does not mean a lot without context.
Couldn’t agree more!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts