Glock Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15,010 Posts
Great deal !! Just keep feeding the fire you morons ! Who's to say the ammo makers are not just holding back now ? They don't have to be in any hurry to ship out new stuff when they are getting three times the price !!
The ammo makers are not selling to dealers at a crazy markup. It's the dealers/sellers that are making the big money. The manufacturers have little incentive to not ship/sell more.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I know some guys who show up at WalMart, when it opens, and go to the sporting goods area. When the ammo comes in from "the back", they buy it all up right on the spot. The bricks at WalMart are $20 locally, but then the <un-named> take it to Armslist, Gunbroker, and gun shows, and ask $60 and higher for a brick.
Therein lies the problem. WalMart still does the just-in-time stocking of shelves. Some of them do not have limits on quantity available to each customer.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Great deal !! Just keep feeding the fire you morons ! Who's to say the ammo makers are not just holding back now ? They don't have to be in any hurry to ship out new stuff when they are getting three times the price !!
Except its not the ammo manufacturers that are making this money. Its the creeps who are rushing into Walmart and their local LGS and buying up as much as they can and taking it to gun shows or throwing it up on GB to sell to the suckers.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm havin a hard time believing ammo makers are charging the same old prices. I have been in several different big stores when the ammo was being put on the shelves and I didn't see very much being put out. A lot of what I saw was odd ball stuff too. Midway is one of the largest out there and they have nothing ! I really think there is more to it than most people believe. NOBODY is getting very much ammo to sale. There are two of the biggest gun shops in the country within 100 miles of me and they are getting very little ammo in to sale. Maybe somebody that works for a manufacturer could tell us what's really going on.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I talked to a Brad at LuckyGunner and aksed why they were charging 15.00 for 100 rds of CCI and he informed me that the suppliers were charging more so they had to pass it on......so there ya go

·
Registered
151 Posts
I talked to a Brad at LuckyGunner and aksed why they were charging 15.00 for 100 rds of CCI and he informed me that the suppliers were charging more so they had to pass it on......so there ya go
If that is the case and in fact, true, why can I still find CCI ammo at normal prices in other shops? I wouldn't believe a thing that a web retailer told me right now about what is going on with ammo.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah Mojo I really did not buy that reason either....at least you are able to get it...here in Memphis...nothing..... but one of our LGS that I will never frequent took some poor guy for $117.00 for a brick..

·
Registered
149 Posts
My Wal-Mart unforntunately has no limits. My buddy was in there yesterday and they brought out some .45 ACP. A guy in front of him bought everything and then turned around and asked him if he wanted to buy some. :sigh:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.