Craving Steak and Lobster...grrrrr....!

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by AggiePhil, Apr 30, 2005.

1. AggiePhil

AggiePhil ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Well thanks to the freaking Seafood and Steakhouse thread in one of the other GT forums, I've been craving steak and seafood all night. :( Called up the only seafood place in Abilene (Red Lobster), and those turkeys are wanting $25 for their Steak & Lobster platter!! ;P So now I'm just kinda...starving. Anybody have any suggestions? ~sd

2. rhikdavis

rhikdavis U.S. Veteran

Imitation lobster meat made from crab and minced fish is pretty tasty (in your grocers freezer) ....and cheap!... ;f

3. geminicricket

geminicricket NRA Life member

Crawdads, dude, crawdads.

4. AggiePhil

AggiePhil ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Meh... I had a bad experience with imitation lobster as a kid and haven't touched it since.

Mmmmmmmm! I LOVE crawfish! HOT Cajun crawfish...the best! Unfortunately though, I don't even know where I'd begin trying to find that way out here. ~sd

I wound up compromising and ordering the North Atlantic Salmon from Outback. It's wonderful. I'll post a picture when I get back here with it. ;i

5. DigiDuckie

DigiDuckie Strapped Duck

I'll pass on the lobster, but steak and shrimp sounds good.

6. PDogSniper

PDogSniper

I was first introduce to Crawdads by two brothers, pipefitters up here from Louisiana working on a job at a former place of employment.

Man, a taste of Heaven. They went home for the weekend and had a boil. What was left over they poured into a cooler and brought it back with them for us Yanks... Tato's, corn, spices and I don't remember what else, all boiled together with the Crawdads... They told me I wasn't a Cajun if I didn't (I won't put into words how they put it) eat the head... Well, I'm now a pseudo Cajun....;)

7. JPinAZ

JPinAZ

8. mrwiggins

mrwiggins lookout ladies

this weekend, i like em hot, where your lips peel and eyes water, mmm good! seriously, go to a crawfish boil, drink beer and eat mud bugs. then go get a hamburger! you'll never know the difference :)