Glock Talk banner

Cracking a Win 7 logon password

1428 Views 9 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  RWBlue
My grandaughter(9yoa) forgot her win 7 pwd for her toshiba laptop. Is there a way to get in. The administrator account is locked too.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,399 Posts

· Registered
29,859 Posts
Yes, there is a way to get in. It might seem corny, but I won't post it on an open forum.

Just so you know, I've seen the Unix solution screw up a system so bad the Operating System had to be reinstalled.

· Yippee-ki-yay
1,306 Posts
On desktops, back in the day, people would set passwords on school computers... There is a jumper that you could pull and it would reset all passwords.

I have been rocking a mac for years... but maybe that jumper is something that has hung around?

· Registered
8,111 Posts
On desktops, back in the day, people would set passwords on school computers... There is a jumper that you could pull and it would reset all passwords.

I have been rocking a mac for years... but maybe that jumper is something that has hung around?
The jumper is still there, but it resets the BIOS password, not the OS password. Different animal.

· Registered
2,665 Posts
I use a program called "active boot disk" or "spotmau" to wipe passwords. U won't get the password back since it does not recover, but if u have physical access to the pc u can wipe that pass as soon as the disk boots

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

· Mr. CISSP, CISA
24,206 Posts
I use Ophcrack.

It works really well, just make sure that you get the version for Win7.

In the future, I would recommend creating an administrator account for yourself, that way you can log in and fix her profile when she forgets.
A coworker uses Ophcrack on the lost and found computers. It works "most" of the time.

And I agree, create yourself an Admin account with a complex non-expiring password and non-lockout.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.