close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cracked Slide on Glock 32

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by chaos2001, Apr 18, 2003.

1. chaos2001

chaos2001

I was at the range the other day and in the rental case was a Glock 32 with a cracked slide. The crack was on the side below the front of the ejection port.

Has anyone else seen this problem with their .357 (33, 32, 32) or is it just a fluke?

2. Screaming .357G

Screaming .357G 598ci big block

sounds like a fluke to me.
    I have LOTS of rounds though 3 of my .357 glocks with no problems.

3. DeadMansLife

DeadMansLife Senior Member

A cracked rental gun doesn't suprise me at all. These guns see a lot of use and very little maintenance.

4. chaos2001

chaos2001

When I was first looking for a good pistol for HD and Carry, I talked with the guys at the range and asked them what held up to the abuse of their rental customers. They had a HK USP, Sig, Berretta, Smith, Glock, 1911s, etc. The guns most rented were the Glocks, they never clean them, and they rarely fail. If something goes it is usually the trigger spring. About 3 times a year the USP has to go back. The Berretta spends more time off the line than on. The Smith doesn't see much use. The 1911s have to be cleaned all the time, or they fail to function. The Sig seems to be good as well, but is infrequently rented. The range requires that you use their ammo in the gun, and they use factory reloads, but who’s to say someone didn't stick a couple of their hot hand loads in the shops gun just to see if it was up to it. No way to know.

I would think if any of the Glocks were going to have problems with fatigue, it would be the 10 mm, but I guess the .357 has a lot of snap as well.

5. noway

noway

{ would think if any of the Glocks were going to have problems with fatigue, it would be the 10 mm, but I guess the .357 has a lot of snap as well.}

That's why the frame and slides are much bigger in the 20/29 series.

6. allglock

allglock Guest

I would say the frame and slide are bigger because of the OAL of the bullets, and having a double stack magazine. Hence the the G37 with the shortened 45 round.

7. JPhule

JPhule Gabh An Latha

Actually, if you look at the slides of a 20 and a 21, or a 29 and a 30 side by side, you'll notice that the frame on the 20/29 series is beefed up considerably.

There was a post about this a couple of weeks ago, I think it was in The Ten Ring. They had pictures and everything.

8. chaos2001

chaos2001

I didn't have a camera to take a picture of the G-32 at the range. When I am back over there this week, I will see if they still have it (they may have returned it to Glock already) and ask if I can take a pic.

9. spetsnaz777

spetsnaz777 Team 9mmx19

My G31 has 900 rds thru it and no cracks yet.

10. DeadMansLife

DeadMansLife Senior Member

25k+ through my G31 and no cracks :)

11. chaos2001

chaos2001

25k+ through your G31... WOW!!! At $0.15 per round that's $3750.00 in ammo ;G