close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cracked my Glock 32!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by damienv, Apr 14, 2002.

1. damienv

damienv

If any of you felt the world slip off its axis this weekend, it was not your imagination. MY GLOCK 32 DIED!!!After two years of faithful service, my glock 32 started shooting 7 inches to the left at seven yards at the range the other day. After a complete dissasembly and inspection I took another Glock 32 slide and barrel assembly and put it on my frame. It worked fine. Then I put my barrel in the other slide, it worked fine as well. Then I put the ranges barrel in my 32 slide and it shot to the left again. After about 20 rounds of speer lawman, I took the gun apart and at that point I found an obvious crack beneath the ejection port of my slide, just foward of the serial number.
    Here is the rub I had the slide refininshed by Arizona Response Systems and had cocking serrations cut into it (excellent job, by the way). When I talk to Glock tomorrow, what are they going to say? Will they replace the slide, will they replace the slide? Will they blame ARS for it. Obviously I am going to eat the cost of the slide work, one way or the other. Any predictions? Has this happened to anyone else.
    THis gun has had nothing but pmc, lawmen, and golddots through it.

Finally, if I have to replace the slide, what are my options? Are the Caspians worth having?? Thanks.

2. gdnctr

gdnctr

Huh? Say what, man? [ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...] Did someone say Glock? Ok, ok, I'm awake and sentient, once again...

3. 1iron

1iron

Not the getto front serrations.

4. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

I do not see that the cuts would affect the port area. But I do not know what Glock will say.
    Please keep us informed. Thanks.

And yes, bummer!;g

5. toojon

toojon Millennium Member

About a year agoI had the same problem and Glock replaced the slide w/o charge. I wish I had the serial number to see if we were close as the problem has to be with the steel used in a certain run of slides.

6. BrokenArrow

BrokenArrow Millennium Member

So much for perfection?

The city cops here had a G17 do the same thing, and all they shoot is the Fed +P+ 9 minimeter!

I remember Ruger cutting that part of the slide completely out of a P89 and the gun still fired 5000 rounds of mil-spec ammo OK.

The military broke at least 18 Berettas, the Baltimore county PD broke 52 SIGs, the Santa Barbara county sheriffs had USP probs, NJSP SW99 probs...

I guess that makes Ruger King of the Hill!?!?!?

Don't worry about it. Be happy. ;)

7. damienv

damienv

Talked to Glock today. They said to send the slide back and they would replace it providing that the slide work did not contribute to the failure. We will just have to see.

Damien

8. PodunkPopo

PodunkPopo

I used to work at an indoor range and our rental glocks had the same problem. I actually had one crack in my hands. I also didn't notice the crack until the gun kept shooting to the left and I inspected the gun. I don't know what the serial numbers were, but for what it's worth, we only had that problem on the full-size and compact-size pistols, never on the baby glocks. I would put in an extra-power Wolff spring just to be sure.

9. Cryoman

Cryoman That's COLD!!! Millennium Member

My guess is that Glock won't give you the time of day. It's an altered gun. I imagine there is probably language in the manual stating that if you alter it, it's no longer Glock's liability. Similarly, ARS only did what you asked them and paid them to do. Can't see why it would be ARS fault. I feel badly about the loss of your Glock but my guess is that you will, in fact, end up eating the cost of it...!? Cheers, Cryoman

10. spetsnaz777

spetsnaz777 Team 9mmx19

Bummer dude. Never had a problem with any of my 9x19 Glocks;E

11. vyper005

vyper005

I would think that removing metal by ARS to put cocking serrations on the gun might weaken the slide somewhat...I'm anxious to hear what Glock says...

12. vyper005

vyper005

13. e'ville

e'ville Millennium Member

I wonder if lightening the slide by cutting out the serrations increased the slide velocity enough to crack.

14. Fredalso

Fredalso Millennium Member

Extremely unlikely.

15. Quail Fat

Quail Fat Member

Did you ever get yer slide back?

16. pangris

pangris Moderator

I have 5 glocks - .9mm, 2 40's, .45 and a .357. Nothing ever fails but well used magazine springs. The only thing done to any of my glocks is a polished feed ramp.

Play with 1911's - they are meant to be played with. Leave your Glocks be!

17. damienv

damienv

After a long delay caused my moving I shipped off my slide last monday. I was told yesterday that they consider it a warranty issue and will replace the slide. Should have me 32 back in battery in about 2 weeks.
    Sucks that it happened. But Glock stood by it and did the right thing. Can't ask for more then that.

Will keep you guys posted if anything else develops.
    Damien

18. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

Thumbs up!

19. Verybigstick

Verybigstick VinceAutMorire

Could you post a pic if you have access to a digital camera or a scanner?

Thanks

Verybigstick