GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
While the Jeep Grand Cherokee is one of the best looking SUV's on the market, the Jeep Cherokee is one of the ugliest vehicles to come out since the Pontiac Aztek and the Nissan Juke. It's absolutely atrocious.
Ha. Many hard core jeep guys think that way because of the new look. I love it. That's why I bought one.

·
Banned
833 Posts
I stand corrected... and thanks. I don't have enough miles on my 2010 to have gotten to the point of figuring that out yet. :cool:
Be thankful you don't have to deal with that timing belt. It's a real PITA to change. Thankfully it's only once every 105K miles or 7 years, whichever comes first. I've got five years left on this one since I won't hit the 105K first...not even close... It's already 15 years old, so I think if it makes it to 20, that just might be the last timing belt it ever sees. :supergrin:

·
Texan
3,788 Posts
The new Cherokees are utterly hideous. Their front ends remind me of the god-awful Nissan Juke somehow, but in longer mini van form.

·
DEPLORABLE ME!
11,705 Posts
What about a Toyota Venza?

·
Traveling Man
1,656 Posts
I made this same decision in 09/13. Bought the CR-V. No regrets. Averaging around 26mpg, plenty of room for kiddos in the back, and it's solid as a rock. Drives smooth, handles nice. The Toyota and Subaru both were lacking in rigidity. We thought for sure we were getting a Forester, even put a deposit on one because they were scarce at the time, being newly released. But some back-to-back test drives were eye-opening as to just how far the gap was between them.

The Toyota was closer to the Honda, but the CR-V was the clear choice. I'd do it again, no doubt. Honda continues to impress me. My Toyota continues to disappoint. Granted, it's a Corolla, not a Lexus, but when it's time to replace it, Honda gets the first crack at my money.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
The new Cherokees are utterly hideous. Their front ends remind me of the god-awful Nissan Juke somehow, but in longer mini van form.
Come on Nathanours. Tell us how you really feel. You don't really think there that had, do you? I absolutely love mine and love the look, especially the front end. Or are you one of those "old school jeep" people that just doesn't have it in them to remotely like the beautiful new style of the jeep?:whistling:

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Did you rule out the Mazda cx-5? If so, why? That is the one we are considering. It's between that and the Acura RDX.

·
Addicted Member
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I'm still considering the CX-5 and the Rogue. I think the XV Crosstrek has been kicked off my list. So, I got rid of one and added two. Not sure that's how it's supposed to work!

·
Mountain Man
6,863 Posts
There is no shortage of hate for the new Cherokee design...

So here is some more photos of the look you love to hate! :-D

Like dpadams6 I love the look and really love the vehicle itself!!

·
Traveling Man
1,656 Posts
I love it, and love that Jeep didn't abandon the effort to create a vehicle with real off-road ability. I just can't believe the price. The one I looked at the other day was stickered at $36k+. :wow:

Nice ride. I can't see paying that. I admit I was casually looking and may have only priced the highest trim model, but still...geez.

·
Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer
116,681 Posts

The 2015 Jeep Renegade, made by Fiat in Italy, to compete with the Nissan Juke and the Kia Soul. The shark is jumped.
:animlol:

·
Registered
7,957 Posts
Wondering how the Jeep got into the mix? Posters read the OP's original post. Not to add fuel to the fire but drove a Jeep Patriot about 1000 miles a few months ago. POS.

·
Registered
7,957 Posts
Can't wait to see the reliability results after the first year for the Jeep...Please note sarcasm.

·
21,342 Posts
What were they thinking with the DRL/headlights? Also the crease that runs through the grill is horrible.

·
Mountain Man
6,863 Posts
Yes that is correct Fiat now owns Jeep.

The Fiat Group: Abarth, Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Dodge, Ferrari, Fiat, Fiat Professional, Jeep, Lancia, Maserati, Ram Trucks, and SRT.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts