Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So how can I tell if my Crossbreed supertuck holster is horsehide or cowhide??
Sorry no pics available! Any ideas?

·
Registered
139 Posts
i just a galco mine had a cert that is was cowhide you might try looking
your holster up(no offense intended) i live in the word of stuck on stupid

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just a galco mine had a cert that is was cowhide you might try looking
your holster up(no offense intended) i live in the word of stuck on stupid

Nothing at crossbreed to tell difference... Got it used, so no info with holster and no markings on holster.

·
Get off my lawn
42,701 Posts
What if it comes from a black horse????

OP - assume it's cow/steer. Not much horse butchering goes on anymore. Cowhide is far more plentiful.

·
Get off my lawn
42,701 Posts
Nothing at crossbreed to tell difference... Got it used, so no info with holster and no markings on holster.
8 seconds on their website, and the black/tan comments above confirm it. You ARE going to THEIR website, right?????

·
Drop those nuts
9,539 Posts
First look to see of it says Made In China on it.

If it does, then the question is whether it's made of cat hide or dog hide.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Spend the extra few pennys and buy the horse hide. It's thicker and will last longer and hold up better. I do have a Super Tuck in cowhide and the next one I will buy will be horse.

Rick

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have a horsehide, but ordered my Glock 21 in cowhide. It doesn't get too hot here in CT and the cowhide is a bit more comfortable from what I hear.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I have a horsehide, but ordered my Glock 21 in cowhide. It doesn't get too hot here in CT and the cowhide is a bit more comfortable from what I hear.

Its been the opposite from my experiance. I just got a horsehide an it is more comfortable than my previous cowhide.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Its been the opposite from my experiance. I just got a horsehide an it is more comfortable than my previous cowhide.
Interesting. It isn't going to matter much for me as i'm now shooting right handed and that holster was ordered weeks ago for a lefty :crying:

So basically i'll have to toss it up on the forum for sale.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So...which is it? Inquiring (read nosey) minds want to know.:dunno:
I have the cowhide one.. Wow does that 20 s.f. fit like it grew in that holster, Really nice holster! My hat's off to crossbreed.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts