GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Got the Moderna from work. I had covid and it wiped me out of nearly 2 months so I'd prefer not to deal with that again.

·
Bitter American
627 Posts
My wife got her first shot yesterday. I was surprised at how well organized the entire ordeal was. Shots were given in Bowling Green, Kentucky at the medical center. I didn't sign up yet because I wanted to see if it did anything to her. She wanted it as soon as she could get it. We're in the over 70 age group.

·
Massive Member
25,264 Posts
My wife had Pfizer, her symptoms were much less than mine.

I’m about 48 hours out and back to 100%
I got Pfizer yesterday, the site of the injection is surprisingly sore, more so than any other shot I remember getting, which is weird, didn't feel a thing when they gave it to me. Outside of that, feel a little tired and a bit of a headache, but nothing far enough out of the ordinary to even say for sure it's from the vaccine.

Randy

·
Registered
7,525 Posts
Imagine the lawyer commercials if this thing turns out to have bad effects in the long term. Everyone will have a card proving they took it, the lawyers will be like hungry sharks till the company folds.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
The 15 minute wait afterwards kinda surprised me (I and everyone else there had no issues), I had never done that before with vaccinations. My wife, RN, said that is not unusual with brand new meds.
It’s not unusual, period. I get a monthly allergy shut and have to wait 30 minutes and get mya rm checked for a reaction before being allowed to leave.

Got mine last week as well. No side effects and second shot is set for the end of January. Moderna.
The second round is where the heavy side effects seem to happen for most people.

My concern isn’t the initial side effects, it’s the long term ones which are unknown because it has been rushed to market with very little testing and zero long term analysis.
Exactly. This isn’t even really a vaccine in the traditional sense, and they never animal tested. There’s some famous cases where they skipped animal testing and lots of children died from a vaccine,

You probably should have researched that before making such a statement. Pfizer has a long list of bad drugs and has received several warnings from the FDA for violations. It even had to pay $2.3 billion, the largest health care fraud settlement in the history of the Department of Justice, to resolve criminal and civil liability arising from the illegal promotion of certain pharmaceutical products.
Pharmaceutical companies are about profit, not helping people.

I fully agree. I've had two primary care physicians (one a government doctor) tell me they are advising their patients to NOT get this vaccine until it's better understood.
Good doctors.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Yes finally scheduled as a First Responder from work on the 19th of February, but the VA just called and said they may have enough vaccine for an earlier shot, who knows.
This woo who virus is bad news, its like playing Russian Roulette each time you go out.

·
Way too busy
4,976 Posts
It’s not unusual, period. I get a monthly allergy shut and have to wait 30 minutes and get mya rm checked for a reaction before being allowed to leave.

The second round is where the heavy side effects seem to happen for most people.

Exactly. This isn’t even really a vaccine in the traditional sense, and they never animal tested. There’s some famous cases where they skipped animal testing and lots of children died from a vaccine,

Pharmaceutical companies are about profit, not helping people.

Good doctors.
mRNA therapy has been used in human cancer patients since 1997.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
mRNA therapy has been used in human cancer patients since 1997.
Not all the vaccines are mRNA based, and they sill didn't test this on animals first. No thanks, I'll stick with vitamin D.

·
Way too busy
4,976 Posts
Not all the vaccines are mRNA based, and they sill didn't test this on animals first. No thanks, I'll stick with vitamin D.
Would you not take a tetanus shot because not all vaccines are toxoids? Would you not take a chicken pox shot because not all vaccines are live attenuated?

The assertion is that mRNA therapy has never been tested in humans, this is patently false.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Had an excellent lecture yesterday from an a-political ER physician about how mRNA vaccines work and the history of vaccine research as a whole, mRNA specific vaccine research, and the "sped up" process of approving this vaccine.

The conspiracy theory crap you guys are reading on facebook is complete bull**** and not based in science.
I have had a negative shot reaction with long term health effects before.

And I am no doctor or scientist but wouldn’t catching covid do the same thing as the mRNA vaccine if it’s just to give your body the key to being able to fight it? So for those who have already had it, do they really need the shot?

·
Way too busy
4,976 Posts
I have had a negative shot reaction with long term health effects before.

And I am no doctor or scientist but wouldn’t catching covid do the same thing as the mRNA vaccine if it’s just to give your body the key to being able to fight it? So for those who have already had it, do they really need the shot?
The way the doc explained it is that the protein spike is more stable than the virus, so theoretically programming your immune system to recognize the spike will improve your chances with any mutations.

And on that note, anyone who thinks the assertion of mutation is some government ploy, all viruses mutate.

·
Registered
31,495 Posts
My concern isn’t the initial side effects, it’s the long term ones which are unknown because it has been rushed to market with very little testing and zero long term analysis.
How much long term analysis of any vaccine is done before it's used? Are we not supposed to use new vaccines for, what, a few decades?

The people that know and understand science and medicine and how things work are taking the vaccines. The anti-vaxxers are people who don't really know that much and go off emotion and bias. That's all I need to know.

Remember that pharmacist that destroyed vaccines? He's also a flat-Earther. This is the kind of intelligence we're dealing with.

·
Massive Member
25,264 Posts
I haven’t heard of any vaccine resulting in over 400,000 US deaths in a little over a year when only 10 or 20% of the population took it during that time.

Just sayin. Covid is for riskier than the vaccine.

Randy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,353 Posts
Well.... I'll find out how the 2nd shot is at the end of the day. Scheduled for this evening for the second shot.

Seems like a lot of people are experiencing "hangover" like symptoms. Should be interesting seeing as I haven't had an alcoholic drink in 18 years! lol

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
How much long term analysis of any vaccine is done before it's used? Are we not supposed to use new vaccines for, what, a few decades?

The people that know and understand science and medicine and how things work are taking the vaccines. The anti-vaxxers are people who don't really know that much and go off emotion and bias. That's all I need to know.

Remember that pharmacist that destroyed vaccines? He's also a flat-Earther. This is the kind of intelligence we're dealing with.

Well a typical vaccine takes years to go to market and they have about 1-2 years of long term analysis on it, not 1-2 months. the long term analysis done on this vaccine was 12 weeks.

And I never said or implied I’m an anti-vaxxer.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Second shot yesterday at 1300. By 2100 I felt weird then woke up at at 0230 with 99 degree temp, chills, and body aches. I took some Tylenol and now just feel tired but fever is gone.

·
Massive Member
25,264 Posts
Second shot yesterday at 1300. By 2100 I felt weird then woke up at at 0230 with 99 degree temp, chills, and body aches. I took some Tylenol and now just feel tired but fever is gone.
Read somewhere that nsaids like Tylenol that reduce inflammation might interfere with the vaccine, inflammation is part of the immune response that results in immunity. Not sure if that's true, might be worth checking out and avoiding then in the meantime until you're sure it's ok...

Randy

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,353 Posts
Morning after report: Sore arm today, maybe a little groggier than usual, but not bad at all.

I had started to get worried with everything I've read. Everyone's reaction can be different, majority seem to have few issues with it.

Reactions: TBO
41 - 60 of 92 Posts