Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

21 - 40 of 93 Posts

·
A swamp dude
11,212 Posts
You probably should have researched that before making such a statement. Pfizer has a long list of bad drugs and has received several warnings from the FDA for violations. It even had to pay $2.3 billion, the largest health care fraud settlement in the history of the Department of Justice, to resolve criminal and civil liability arising from the illegal promotion of certain pharmaceutical products.
All pharmaceutical companies face financial risk every time they offer a new product.

“”Eli Lilly pleaded guilty to two criminal misdemeanors, paid more than $2.7 billion in fines and damages, settled more than 32,000 personal injury claims — and copped to one of the largest state consumer protection cases involving a drug company in U.S. history, a review by iWatch News shows.”

The Pfizer vaccine for Covid will be sold around the world for immunization of 1 or 2 billion people, maybe more, a risk no drug maker would take with a questionable product. The company would be wiped out for being irresponsible on a world-wide scale.

·
Registered
336 Posts
All pharmaceutical companies face financial risk every time they offer a new product.

“”Eli Lilly pleaded guilty to two criminal misdemeanors, paid more than $2.7 billion in fines and damages, settled more than 32,000 personal injury claims — and copped to one of the largest state consumer protection cases involving a drug company in U.S. history, a review by iWatch News shows.”

The Pfizer vaccine for Covid will be sold around the world for immunization of 1 or 2 billion people, maybe more, a risk no drug maker would take with a questionable product. The company would be wiped out for being irresponsible on a world-wide scale.
FWIW, you specifically mentioned Pfizer and no others. In keeping with your post, I did not mention any others either.

Now here's a bit of business education...first and foremost, Pfizer is in the business of making money for its owners...it just happens to be the pharmaceutical products industry now. If you go back and look at their very early years, it was the manufacturing of citric acid (a flavoring and gelling agent) that led them to develop a fermentation process. They searched for products that would provide "greater profit potential" which took them from a manufacturer of basic chemicals to a research-based pharmaceutical company.

I'm not discounting your choice to take this or any vaccine or drug...others are using a more "wait and see" approach due to their own understanding and appreciation of the entire drug approval/manufacturing/marketing/distribution/use process. When speaking about LSD, Senator Robert Kennedy, during a Congressional hearing said..."[LSD] can be very, very helpful in our society if used properly..." It's now illegal in just about every country on earth.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Got my first Moderna this morning, as of now no side effects. Scheduled 2nd Feb.22, feeling fortunate to get vaccine, still working and around different groups of people on daily or weekly basis.

·
Massive Member
25,377 Posts
FWIW, this isn't a drug that we don't really know how the body might metabolize it or those byproducts might react, causing long term harm.

It contains no live, weakened, or killed virus, so it's impossible to give you COVID if something went wrong in manufacturing process, like the one version of the Polio vaccine.

It's mRNA that tricks your body into making the spike protein of the virus so your immune system learns to recognize and attack it now so it's ready to respond immediately when it sees that spike on the real virus. And learns that before the immune system gets rid of the mRNA stuff too.

I think that's how some viruses work, except they create copies of themselves, and this just created copies of the spike. So that gives me comfort that it's clever highjack of a normal process, unlikely to cause havoc in some unforeseen way.

And at the same time it's the same way regular vaccines work, exposing you to a harness stand-in for the actual virus to prime your immune system. Only in this case your body creates the stand-in, and the stand-in is a much smaller fragment of the real thing.

That said, you do have to wonder if messing with cellular machinery at that level could result in some weird stuff if it doesn't get stomped by your immune system or something in the process mutates to create some similar protein that causes problems.
. Isn't Alzheimer's cause by protein plaque invading the brain?

Randy

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Massive Member
25,377 Posts
What the hell is a "vaccine ravaged country"?
Yeah, I’m thinking there’s more danger of a covid ravaged country/economy. If China really wants to screw us up it’d spread negative rumors about the vaccine to delay taking it, thereby prolonging the pandemic, maximizing both the death toll and the damage to the economy. And maximize the chance of mutations that could render the vaccine less effective before it’s brought under control by increasing the population infected and the time of pandemic/number of generations of the virus.

Randy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Way too busy
4,984 Posts
I just got my second moderna shot.. I suppose I'll turn into a zombie tonight and ravage the country..

·
Way too busy
4,984 Posts
Had an excellent lecture yesterday from an a-political ER physician about how mRNA vaccines work and the history of vaccine research as a whole, mRNA specific vaccine research, and the "sped up" process of approving this vaccine.

The conspiracy theory crap you guys are reading on facebook is complete bull**** and not based in science.

·
Massive Member
25,377 Posts
Had an excellent lecture yesterday from an a-political ER physician about how mRNA vaccines work and the history of vaccine research as a whole, mRNA specific vaccine research, and the "sped up" process of approving this vaccine.

The conspiracy theory crap you guys are reading on facebook is complete bull**** and not based in science.
Bah humbug! If that guy was any good he’d be on Facebook or some other similarly reputable medical information platform...

Randy

·
Semper Paratus
28,182 Posts
Got my second Pfizer shot Tuesday. Feel like crap still but it’s a relief to have it done.

Another week and I’ll consider myself fully protected.
I get my second maderna next week and I have already had COVID so I'm thinking I will have pretty good immunity

·
Registered
43,126 Posts
My anecdotal advice is to get Moderna shot #2 the day before you are off work. Some fever, chills, body aches like I had seem pretty common. Had no side effects from shot #1.

·
Massive Member
25,377 Posts
Just scheduled my first dose tomorrow, not sure which one it is.

Randy

·
Way too busy
4,984 Posts
Man I’m glad you guys didn’t react too bad to the second shot. I felt like I had been hit by a truck.. it was pretty much over at about 24 hours out, but that was a sucky 24 hours..

·
Registered
10,518 Posts
lol, I'm hearing more and more about the 2nd shot "side effects".... I'm due to get it next week. Oh joy!

·
Registered
20,908 Posts
Man I’m glad you guys didn’t react too bad to the second shot. I felt like I had been hit by a truck.. it was pretty much over at about 24 hours out, but that was a sucky 24 hours..
So...... does that mean you are or are not a zombie now? I have my prep package in the basement and need to know if it is time to bring it upstairs :ROFLMAO:

·
Way too busy
4,984 Posts
Good luck finding any...

Just sayin... if we had a zombie apocalypse it would burn itself out pretty quick.

Just got back from getting my first Pfizer... so far so good. Feeling pretty good so far.

View attachment 901887
Randy
My wife had Pfizer, her symptoms were much less than mine.

I’m about 48 hours out and back to 100%

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
My concern isn’t the initial side effects, it’s the long term ones which are unknown because it has been rushed to market with very little testing and zero long term analysis.
I've been in medicine for 35 years and firmly believe in vaccines. For all the reasons above but especially long term efficacy analysis I'm holding up on the Covid-19 one.

21 - 40 of 93 Posts