GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Central Indiana, just got the e mail to come on down, then the we are swamped with registrants right now, try and re schedule later.....jeez I thought I would get it on my way home.
Hurry up and wait!

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
My wife and I are seniors. Registered online and received a confirmation email. The county will send us a date, time, and location - might be weeks.

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Got mine this morning at the state fairgrounds. US Army medics giving the vaccinations.

I arrived at 0920 including the 15 minute observation I left at 0948.

I got the Pfizer vaccine.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: oldmick and tango44

·
Registered
10,353 Posts
Got mine last week. Along with a bunch of other firemen, EMS, and police.

It went fine - they spaced out our "appointments", and had a bunch of tables setup to give the vaccine.

The 15 minute wait afterwards kinda surprised me (I and everyone else there had no issues), I had never done that before with vaccinations. My wife, RN, said that is not unusual with brand new meds.

I have not turned into a zombie. My wife says different....

I am in a small town. It was well organized and no issues at all.

Reactions: hannstv and oldmick

·
Registered
10,353 Posts

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Got mine last week. Along with a bunch of other firemen, EMS, and police.

It went fine - they spaced out our "appointments", and had a bunch of tables setup to give the vaccine.

The 15 minute wait afterwards kinda surprised me (I and everyone else there had no issues), I had never done that before with vaccinations. My wife, RN, said that is not unusual with brand new meds.

I have not turned into a zombie. My wife says different....

I am in a small town. It was well organized and no issues at all.
My concern isn’t the initial side effects, it’s the long term ones which are unknown because it has been rushed to market with very little testing and zero long term analysis.

·
Registered
17,973 Posts

Not that unusual. I had to wait at the doctor's office last summer after an antibiotic shot looking for a reaction.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cannot find an opening now within 20 miles until late March, oh well, I didn’t realize the # of folks needing it worse than I.

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
They are actually using the parking lot of Dodger Stadium as one of our vaccination sites. It‘s a sight to see....

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I am getting my 2nd one today. Got in the phase 1a group as first responder. Initial shot had a small headache, that was it.

Agree on concerns that it was rushed through bypassing some std protocols, but life is all about making risk-based decisions and getting COVID is not an attractive competing option, especially since it is not supposed to provide more than 2-3 months of protection.

·
PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia
10,208 Posts
I know I am beating a dead horse, but this nation fought a world war against two major Powers simultaneously, we rolled out the polio vaccine in a matter of months with vaccination centers in every national guard armory, gym and available public space... But we can't seem to get our people vaccinated this time in a timely manner!

·
A swamp dude
11,135 Posts
Got my first shot Tuesday. It was the Pfizer vaccine. No I’ll effects whatsoever.

I‘m not very concerned about the vaccine causing health problems long term. Pfizer wouldn’t put its reputation on the line by delivering a product that might be harmful to100+ million citizens. Its brand would be toast, forever

Reactions: oldmick

·
Registered
335 Posts
...Pfizer wouldn’t put its reputation on the line by delivering a product that might be harmful to100+ million citizens. Its brand would be toast, forever
You probably should have researched that before making such a statement. Pfizer has a long list of bad drugs and has received several warnings from the FDA for violations. It even had to pay $2.3 billion, the largest health care fraud settlement in the history of the Department of Justice, to resolve criminal and civil liability arising from the illegal promotion of certain pharmaceutical products.

·
Registered
335 Posts
My concern isn’t the initial side effects, it’s the long term ones which are unknown because it has been rushed to market with very little testing and zero long term analysis.
I fully agree. I've had two primary care physicians (one a government doctor) tell me they are advising their patients to NOT get this vaccine until it's better understood.

·
A swamp dude
11,135 Posts
I fully agree. I've had two primary care physicians (one a government doctor) tell me they are advising their patients to NOT get this vaccine until it's better understood.
If Pfizer and China are in cahoots, we could become a vaccine ravaged country without China firing a shot except for the ones injected into our arms!

1 - 20 of 92 Posts