Covid vacationing

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by IAhunter, May 8, 2020.

1. IAhunter

IAhunter Venor ergo sum

Just north of the wall, Cochise County, Arizona
    I'm back!

fifthwheel.jpeg

I bought this fifth wheel back in mid-March. Since then, Mrs Hunter and I spent 23 days over two trips avoiding the Covid BS by camping while scouting for Gould's wild turkeys and then assisting friends to fill four tags they drew in the Huachuca Mountains of Southeast AZ this year. I also spent another 8 days chasing trout in Northern Arizona with my Dad in April. Heading back up in a week to get after the fish some more. Retired life and mountain social distancing is good.

Best of the four turkeys. Ten inch beard with a four inch second beard. Being that they are Gould's turkeys, my friend is having all four of their tom's mounted.

Rick's tom.jpeg

One of the better trout. Fishing was slow. Hoping it picks up when I head back up in a week or so.

trout.jpeg

Last edited: May 8, 2020
  2. Barry Jolly

Barry Jolly

Nice 5th wheel. Glad you are getting to enjoy it.

3. Tvov

Tvov

Yea, I'm jealous! Good job!

4. sourdough44

sourdough44

I got a few mini trips coming up, taking SD over MI due to Covid restrictions. I was in MI recently helping a relative. I could of stayed longer but bugged out in large part due to the restrictions.

IAhunter likes this.
  5. mac66

mac66 Huge Member Millennium Member

Nice trip. I've been going up to my hunting property 3-4 days a week since March during the lockdown. On and off turkey hunting during the month of May. Got a lot of wood cut and land cleared. Heading back up on Saturday for 5 days. Yes, retirement is awesome.

sourdough44 likes this.