COVID spike arrives late, hits hard in rural Kansas county

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by flyover, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Hank Was Right

Hank Was Right

I don't post on this subject often, but here's my take, which is worth exactly what you paid for it:
    If you truly feel like you're at a high risk of death if you get Covid, whether it's because of age or chronic health condition, then you should take every precaution to stay away from any potential source. If you have loved ones who are at a higher risk, you should help them avoid situations that puts them at risk for catching the virus, by shopping for them, running errands, etc. If you're obese and you truly want to limit your risk if you do catch the virus, this would be a good time to start a workout regimen and a more healthy diet. Even if you're in good shape, this is a good time to get in better shape. Work out, eat healthy, get plenty of sleep. I get that all of these things take more commitment than putting on a mask, but even most doctors would probably agree that it's more effective in fighting Covid. And you can still keep the self-righteousness, if you want.

If you're relatively young and healthy, you should be out there helping this country run, as well as those who are less healthy. If you catch the virus, then take your two weeks off to recover and then get right back out there and act like someone your ancestors and descendants would be proud to know. The media is at fault for trying to scare us all into our basements, but it's each individual's fault for letting them do it.
    Or we can all run around like our hair's on fire and blame Trump, while we beg for the all-powerful federal government to save us.

reniram and larry1096 like this.
  2. larry1096

larry1096

People forget that we survived WWII, and the Spanish Flu, and other, bigger threats. We've become a nation that yearns to hide in our basements.

Larry

Hank Was Right likes this.

3. Hank Was Right

Hank Was Right

Worse than that. Those that are afraid also want to vilify those of us who don’t want to hide in our basements. They are almost proud of their fear. Young and apparently healthy people wear a mask as if it is a badge of honor. I am teaching my child that fear is not a virtue, but an obstacle to be overcome.

Von Hayes and larry1096 like this.
  4. Wayward Son

Wayward Son

My 74 year old mother survived the wu flu and is doing well.
    Her symptoms were those of a mild cold for about 4 days. Never lost her taste, no temp, no difficulty breathing or any other serious symptoms.she is healthy with no underlying conditions.
    Before contracting the wu flu she had broken her foot so my dad has been around her pretty much constantly to help her get around. He never contracted the wu flu despite being her constant companion.

5. Glock17193643

Glock17193643

I was in Kansas all last week. Did not see any corona or deer.