COVID spike arrives late, hits hard in rural Kansas county

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by flyover, Oct 15, 2020.

1. R.B. Riddick

R.B. Riddick

First, please stop depending on social media because you are quoting misinformation. Do you have a link on this 70% report? This was address about 6 months ago.

THE FACTS: A graphic being shared widely on social media claims to show the probability of contracting the coronavirus based on who is wearing a protective mask _ the person carrying the disease or someone who is not the carrier.

According to the CDC, there is no current data that can quantify how much wearing a mask reduces the risk of contracting the coronavirus. The CDC recommends wearing face coverings that cover the nose and mouth, like T-shirts, bandannas and non-medical masks because the infection can spread from an asymptomatic person simply by speaking.

https://apnews.com/article/8795470456

Next, The President knew covid was HIGHLY contagious (see Woodward tapes), but downplayed it to Americans. Yes, he shutdown travel to China; but there was no contacting tracing by the government for those returning from China to America. Plus, he waited until March 11 to block travel from Europe (Italy and Spain were already heavily infected with covid). Again, zero contact tracing for those arriving from those INFECTED areas.

Also, the President allowed this (see below), again he knew covid was bad news.

This week the State Department has facilitated the transportation of nearly 17.8 tons of donated medical supplies to the Chinese people, including masks, gowns, gauze, respirators, and other vital materials.

https://www.state.gov/the-united-states-announces-assistance-to-combat-the-novel-coronavirus/

Many Americans, including healthcare workers did not have enough PPE or DME to provide care to our covid population.

Finally, the President still does not have a covid plan. He continues to do exactly the opposite of what is recommended by his own taskforce.

Bohucka likes this.
  2. tm255

tm255

Your post is full of misinformation, the most glaring being the claim that Trump "has no plan." Even Fauci has praised how Trump has followed the recommendations of his experts:

https://nypost.com/2020/07/31/fauci-says-trumps-coronavirus-policy-decisions-helped-save-lives/

But let me move back to masks and show you the "70% report" which originated from the CDC, not social media:

https://jordanschachtel.substack.com/p/cdc-85-of-covid-19-patients-report

Sharkey likes this.

3. racerford

racerford

One of the tidbits buried in the report above is that the majority of cases of CoVid-19 were contracted at home. The times I have pointed out that the place where we should be wearing a mask is at home, if we wanted to protect those that we loved and believed masks are effective. When I asked our resident Mask mandaters if they wore their masks at home, all, but 1 I think, indicated that they did not, and poo pooed the idea. It showed to me they didn't even believe their own spoutings.

Rokitt and Sharkey like this.
  4. flyover

flyover

Since I live alone I don't need to mask up while I'm at home. When out and about the great unwashed is when I take precautions.

n2g likes this.
  5. R.B. Riddick

R.B. Riddick

You are cherry picking information. Did you read it? That 70.6% of respondents reported “always” wearing a mask, DID NOT always wear masks because they were at restaurants and coffee shops and REMOVED their mask to eat and drink.

“In this investigation, participants with and without COVID-19 reported generally similar community exposures, with the exception of going to locations with on-site eating and drinking options. Adults with confirmed COVID-19 (case-patients) were approximately twice as likely as were control-participants to have reported dining at a restaurant in the 14 days before becoming ill. In addition to dining at a restaurant, case-patients were more likely to report going to a bar/coffee shop, but only when the analysis was restricted to participants without close contact with persons with known COVID-19 before illness onset. Reports of exposures in restaurants have been linked to air circulation (7). Direction, ventilation, and intensity of airflow might affect virus transmission, even if social distancing measures and mask use are implemented according to current guidance. Masks cannot be effectively worn while eating and drinking, whereas shopping and numerous other indoor activities do not preclude mask use.”

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6936a5.htm

Again, what is the President’s covid plan? You did not mention it and I have not found it.

Clearly, Trump is not following his own CDC guidelines.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html

6. racerford

racerford

Yes but for those with loved ones at home, if you believe masks are effective, and protect others, that is where you should wearing it most. Of course you understood that, so for you to respond makes no point at all. If you really want to be safe, you should just stay home alone.

7. flyover

flyover

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. tm255

tm255

Unless you are spending a lot of time with Trump you don't have any way of knowing whether he is following guidelines or not -- his getting the ChinaVirus does not mean that he violated guidelines. How did members of Harris' team get The Virus, since no doubt as good Leftists they are strictly following the guidelines?

Trump's WuFlu plan? Part of it was banning travel into the USA from China, and later the UK, for which the Left vilified him. For more you may want to listen to his March 13 address from the White House which went into detail.

Back to masks ...... certainly the mask mandates are based on their proven efficacy, right? Well, let's see the evidence. Here is a summary of studies, along with conclusions:

https://aapsonline.org/mask-facts/

Here is an article discussing how masks might decrease viral load, but that it is not proven:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2026913

Sharkey likes this.
  9. IDCG

IDCG

Not this story or those like would get one second of news coverage if democrats were in the WH.

10. R.B. Riddick

R.B. Riddick

Sure I can. Trump is still holding indoor and outdoor large events with the majority (including Trump) not wearing masks or social distancing. How is this following guidelines?

Again, what is his plan? So closing down travel from China was his only plan? Trump does not have a plan, and that is why it is difficult to locate or understand it.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    Bohucka and rlewpolar like this.
  11. racerford

racerford

Some should read the Constitution. Note the 10th Amendment. The vast majority of any constitutional actions are to be done by the states. Closing the borders, is exactly within the purview of the federal government. The next thing the federal government can do is provide funding for research, and relief for those put out of work. So most the things within the purview of the federal government, have been done. They could have push the War Powers act (?) to force companies to produce more PPE and compensate them for that. That may be the one short coming.

As to Trump's rallies and him not wearing a mask on stage. He is more than 6 feet, so socially distanced. Outdoor rallies are preferred. Certainly better than the mayors and governors encouraging protests and riots where social distancing and non-mask wearing occurs, along with the violence. Which would you rather a small chance of getting CoVid-19 or getting smashed in the head with a skateboard? No one is being forced to go to either. However in the case of BLM/Antifa protests/riots you can become involved when they break into your business, or storm you neighborhood. Are Trump supporters doing that at Trump rallies?

n2g likes this.
  12. tm255

tm255

I'm sure that his March 13 meeting is on youtube if you care to listen (it's pretty long and detailed and I have no intention of transcribing it for you), but if you prefer to believe that he has "no plan at all" then go for it.

n2g likes this.
  13. tm255

tm255

Correct, and this is the Catch-22 that the MSM fools the gullible with.

If Trump attempted to take actions impacting the individual states, they would cry "Violation of the 10th amendment!"

When Trump does not violate the 10th amendment, they cry "Trump isn't doing anything!"

Amazing that so many eat it right up.

n2g and Glock17193643 like this.
  14. Glock17193643

Glock17193643

Biden will fix it. Bahhhhhhh

n2g and tm255 like this.
  15. VoodooMountain

VoodooMountain

There are very few things the commander in chief can do in these situations. He did most everything any president would do.

Including signing 78 orders under the defense protection act to incentive Ford, Ge, and others to produce needed medical supplies such as ventilators.
    You know, the thing Biden says he would have done...

Most things that can be done are on state and county levels. That is how our government works.

n2g and tm255 like this.
  16. Sharkey

Sharkey

That might have been what got Tuubin in trouble. Too much time alone.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

17. Sharkey

Sharkey

So allowing state governor's to determine the proper response for their state and providing ventilators or adhoc hospitals is not a response?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

n2g likes this.
  18. R.B. Riddick

R.B. Riddick

President Trump did not ALLOW this. The 10th Amendment give the Governor’s the RIGHT to make their decisions.

My unanswered question is, “What is President Trump’s plan”, and not his response. Plans are steps taking in advance or future course of actions to achieve goals.

The President does not appear to have a plan for this “plague” (his words).

19. VoodooMountain

VoodooMountain

These things are always easy when we're not the ones in charge. We are all armchair quarterbacks.

What should he do? What should the plan be? Have you considered the big picture of every decision? Are you this upset with certain governers/mayors who have more authority in this situation?

More to the point....what is this situation?

It is always easier to believe we know better than other people but it's myopic. I'm sure there are things that could have been handled differently or even better and I also know certain people won't give credit where credit is due.

I have yet to hear a single talking head say they would have done something differently that wasn't either already done or even legal.

Its a cold virus. Either hide from it or move on.

20. larry1096

larry1096

You didn't read the detailed plan posted on the White House site? Huh-I did.

Larry

Sharkey likes this.