GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
As "VoodooMountain” said:
I live in Kansas (if that matters)

We have seen no correlation between those that wear masks and those that test positive. In fact, it made national news when a graph was fibbed to show a correlation that didn't exist

<Snip>

Meanwhile thousands die from hunger, suicide, gang violence, etc. We will just ignore that I guess.
:goodpost:

IMHO

Ed

·
Registered
20,625 Posts
I personally know 32 people who have had it. Zero deaths. That includes fat people, old people (90 year old father), young people, people with cancer, people with heart conditions, people with diabetes...
What does the fact that you don’t know any of the 200,000+ people in the USA or the million plus people world wide who have died because of it prove?

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
How many people are on earth?
7.8 billion worldwide. 330,000 million just in the USA.

On average there are 3,000,000 deaths in the USA every year or about 8,000 a day.

210,000 deaths* from Covid over the last 6 months.
1,500,000 other deaths in the same 6 months. And nobody cares about these 1.5 million.

And just imagine how stupid we would feel if we new the actual number of people that have been infected, pushing that death rate way further down.

·
Registered
711 Posts
What does the fact that you don’t know any of the 200,000+ people in the USA or the million plus people world wide who have died because of it prove?
I think his point is that when people do die it is often falsely attributed to Covid. In part because of the ridiculous amount of positive test results and the willingness of our Healthcare professionals to attribute Covid like symptoms to covid at time of death.

·
If the coronavirus doesn't take you out, can I?
1,001 Posts
Per their health department, 75 cases and 7 deaths.

So why is this hair-on-fire newsworthy on Yahoo?

Quoting the article: "More than two-thirds of Gove County’s voters are registered Republicans, and Trump carried the county with nearly 85% of the vote in 2016."

And: "Superintendent Kurt Brown is careful to avoid the political debate about masks or to comment on rules elsewhere in the state."

The focus should be on the scientific evidence, or lack thereof, re masks not the politics.

Like everywhere else, this community should focus on protecting the vulnerable from ChinaVirus and protecting the non-vulnerable from the far more damaging (per WHO) consequences of lockdowns. Since the article states that "most" of the 30 nursing home residents have ChinaVirus (with 6 deaths, accounting for almost all of the 7 total), sounds like they have not done a bang up job. But it's Trump's fault.
The state of Kansas was on a mask order until Oct. 15th, and people here are still acting like it is in effect.

·
emeritus
3,046 Posts
Forced? I am not forced to do ANYTHING.

I am required to wear a N95 mask at work because I am a healthcare provider, and
we want to offer the best protection for our clients and because I work with covid clients. I also have the right to refuse to wear a N95 mask, and my employer has the right to terminate me.

I choose to wear a N95 mask in public because many people (like you?) are refusing to wear a mask or do not believe they are helpful.

In 5 years, if there is not a covid vaccine, I will likely continue with my routine. Plus, I have seniors living in my home, and I value their health and will not risk getting them infected.
You are being forced to wear a mask and just don't realize it.

·
Registered
711 Posts
So far the fatality rate of those who get it is 2.8%.
So far the best info we have comes from the cruise ship that was quarantined. Fatality rate was under 1%. Forfet the exact number but .5 -.7% or so when adjusted for age. This also doesn't take into account the excess stress and variables of being on a quarantined ship.

Flu death rate is close to this figure as well.

·
Registered
13,856 Posts
Playing politics or ignoring the science will not reduce the spreading of this virus; but wearing a mask, washing your grubby hands, and social distancing will. The recent covid outbreak at the WH and college campuses are examples of what happens if you do the opposite.
You quoted Diamond's reply, how was what he said political? People testing + is NOT the problem. People dying is the problem and I sure don't remember any of that in the "WH outbreak" I think you made it political.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,856 Posts
Breaking News: Key members of Harris' travel team are infected with Chinavirus, causing cancellation of multiple campaign stops.

But wait

They HAD to be religiously wearing masks -- after all, they are The Left and they know that mask wearing keeps us safe

They HAD to be social distancing -- after all, they are The Left

They HAD to be scrupulously washing their hands -- after all, they are The Left

So they did all the right things, yet they still caught the ChinaVirus. Shazaam!
Yep, notice the media downplayed that but nooos, no politics involved in any of this. All the reporting is done for our safety......2 weeks out from the election.

Reactions: tm255

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
You quoted Diamond's reply, how was what he said political? People testing + is NOT the problem. People dying is the problem and I sure don't remember any of that in the "WH outbreak" I think you made it political.

Playing politics or ignoring the science will not reduce the spreading of this virus; but wearing a mask, washing your grubby hands, and social distancing will. The recent covid outbreak at the WH and college campuses are examples of what happens if you do the opposite.
Context is very important because you focused on two words in that reply. My focus in this thread is reducing the spread of covid.

No, I did not make the covid outbreak about politics. Our President did this because he knew this was a future problem in Jan/Feb.

Trump has downplayed it and has made bogus claims about covid. Unfortunately, some believed President Trump vs the science.

·
Registered
13,856 Posts
Context is very important because you focused on two words in that reply. My focus in thread is about reducing the spread of covid.

No, I did not make the covid outbreak about politics. Our President did this because he knew this was a future problem in Jan/Feb.

Trump has downplayed it and has made bogus claims about covid. Unfortunately, some believed President Trump vs the science.
We all respond with our biases. From past posts, it is clear where you stand about Trump. Diamonds specific reply that you quoted had nothing to do with politics. Your reply was a deflection to his post.

The science that has been learned about COVID in 3 months time is dubious at best. Now we are seven months in and we still don't have a lot of validity. We have a lot of assumptions though. In your initial post, "wearing a mask" was what you lead with followed by washing hands and distancing. You have it backwards.

We just had a report where 70% of the infected were mask wearers. The President made it about politics in Jan./Feb.? What was he suppose to do, not say anything? He took action while Pelosi was welcoming the Chinese to celebrate the New Year in SF. I guess he should have gone with the initial model where 2 million die?

Reactions: tm255
41 - 60 of 85 Posts