Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Employer requiring that we self certify daily that our temperature is below 100F. I have concerns that all employees will be diligent with this. We are also not to report to work if sick. I believe those employees who are climbing the corporate ladder will still come in so as not to be listed as MIA.
Company is Fortune 500 and can afford to pay someone to at least take our temperatures entering work.

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
My company is doing the same along with a host of other questions regarding physical well being and travel.

·
Registered
8,151 Posts
We are still work from home and no hints of it changing. I am in FL and need to physically be in our Charlottesville VA office in a couple weeks for hands on backend IT work. I will probably do it at night when nobody is there then work from hotel in case of issues and go on site if I have to based on the issue / task.

Probably drive there as flight schedules to small airports are hard to find and are always changing.

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
Employer requiring that we self certify daily that our temperature is below 100F. I have concerns that all employees will be diligent with this. We are also not to report to work if sick. I believe those employees who are climbing the corporate ladder will still come in so as not to be listed as MIA.
Company is Fortune 500 and can afford to pay someone to at least take our temperatures entering work.
Until, someone sues them for violating their privacy for taking their temp.... Its a lose lose situation for the company.

Do you have the option of staying at home?

·
Registered
12,687 Posts
This is all you have to worry about? Guess what? IF they had covid they are contagious before they have a temp and feel sick anyway soooooo what difference does it make? Do you know anyone that has it? Anyone that has died from it? 0.02% of the population has died from it if you believe the inflated numbers and most of that was old or sick people. Get on with your life. If you want to worry about something worry about a heart attack, cancer, or car accident.

·
2,385 Posts
Until, someone sues them for violating their privacy for taking their temp.... Its a lose lose situation for the company.

I also have a manditory check-in, with temp screening and brief questionare (circle Y/N, caugh, shortness of breath, weakness, runny nose, etc). There are several sheets of paper in a binder with 25 people per page and everyone's self-written temp and questionare answers that we fill out ourselves. We can all see everybody else's temp and answers. Violation of my personal medical information? Hell yeah it is.

·
Registered
12,687 Posts
I also have a manditory check-in, with temp screening and brief questionare (circle Y/N, caugh, shortness of breath, weakness, runny nose, etc). There are several sheets of paper in a binder with 25 people per page and everyone's self-written temp and questionare answers that we fill out ourselves. We can all see everybody else's temp and answers. Violation of my personal medical information? Hell yeah it is.
Don't forget complete waste of time.

I think you should add some symptoms they did not ask about, use your imagination.

·
Why so serious?
65,914 Posts
Freedom comes at 5:15, prison starts at quarter to 9.

Sent from my Jackboot using Copatalk

Reactions: Out West

·
Registered
8,413 Posts
Back to work in Texas for over a week. CNN told me we would all die.

Today's cases same as a month ago
Today's death same as six weeks ago

TX ranks 40th in cases and deaths. Meanwhile the energy industry, the largest employer in the world, is dead.

Millions out of work, not paying taxes, collecting welfare and the stock market is on crack.

This is setting up for the crash of the century.

·
Native Mainiac
23,783 Posts
I don't even have a medical type thermometer, but do have a thermocouple for my Fluke.

Does everybody know the difference between an anal and an oral thermometer??

·
Registered
13,544 Posts
We have to do a checklist each day. If we answer yes stay home and contact medical for instructions. On the plus side is we get paid if we're home. Mandatory testing is starting for mission critical people and may extend to others later.

·
NRA Life Member
66,434 Posts

Sues them for violating their privacy by taking their temperature? In 21 years of legal practice, I have never heard of a privacy right like that, but employment law isn't my specialty.

Reactions: billy_56081

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
My 'normal' temperature taken orally runs 97.8 to 98.2 What is the equivalent fever for me? 98.6?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts