GlockTalk Forum banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/17/health/us-coronavirus-monday/index.html

"'Covid is now the No. 3 cause of death in the US -- ahead of accidents, injuries, lung disease, diabetes, Alzheimer's, and many, many other causes,' said Dr. Thomas Frieden, a former director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention."

"'The rate of deaths from Covid-19 is also much greater in the US than in many other countries,' Frieden said. "'Last week, Americans were eight times more likely to get killed by Covid than were Europeans,' he said."
About 1/3 the number of abortions. But Caca News Network would never mention that.

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
About 1/3 the number of abortions. But Caca News Network would never mention that.
Now that we’ve done gone and brought the sanctity of life up in here, let’s go with the logic.

I keep hearing that mostly old people die of COVID, and many of them would die in a year anyway? Is that extra year they could have lived less valuable than other life? Hell, what if a Terri Schivo (sp?) type vegetable gets COVID and dies. Is not that yet another precious waste of life?

It seems by bringing in this unrelated political issue, we’ll automatically end up including more of the COVID deaths that many want to deny. Sure there have been a few goofy COVID cases that made great sensational headlines. These are statistical noise. Nobody can really believe that Trump’s handpicked appointees (and now their handpicked privatized data collection company) is intentionally adding in significant levels of fake numbers?? The fact remains that we lead deaths because:

1) Our diet is gross compared to the rest of the developed the world. You don’t see fat people in Europe unless they are American tourists.

2) Our leadership and self-centered culture has hosed us past the point of no return. If Trump had kept the popular daily briefings going and REALLY supported all mitigation measures as the science developed, like a wartime president? You can bet your bottom dollar that ALL hardcore Trump folks would be masking and social distancing as a patriotic duty. Now that it’s ‘uncool’ and advocated by creepy uncle Joe, it’s going to be impossible for enough people to get on board with behaving responsibly.

Maybe we were doomed from the start. It may be the case that the American people lack the discipline to make any collective sacrifices. May God have mercy on us if we ever get into a truly severe crisis like WWI, WWII, WWIII, etc. Critical thinking, civil society, and basic civil discourse are rapidly fading.

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
Now that we’ve done gone and brought the sanctity of life up in here, let’s go with the logic.

I keep hearing that mostly old people die of COVID, and many of them would die in a year anyway? Is that extra year they could have lived less valuable than other life? Hell, what if a Terri Schivo (sp?) type vegetable gets COVID and dies. Is not that yet another precious waste of life?

It seems by bringing in this unrelated political issue, we’ll automatically end up including more of the COVID deaths that many want to deny. Sure there have been a few goofy COVID cases that made great sensational headlines. These are statistical noise. Nobody can really believe that Trump’s handpicked appointees (and now their handpicked privatized data collection company) is intentionally adding in significant levels of fake numbers?? The fact remains that we lead deaths because:

1) Our diet is gross compared to the rest of the developed the world. You don’t see fat people in Europe unless they are American tourists.

2) Our leadership and self-centered culture has hosed us past the point of no return. If Trump had kept the popular daily briefings going and REALLY supported all mitigation measures as the science developed, like a wartime president? You can bet your bottom dollar that ALL hardcore Trump folks would be masking and social distancing as a patriotic duty. Now that it’s ‘uncool’ and advocated by creepy uncle Joe, it’s going to be impossible for enough people to get on board with behaving responsibly.

Maybe we were doomed from the start. It may be the case that the American people lack the discipline to make any collective sacrifices. May God have mercy on us if we ever get into a truly severe crisis like WWI, WWII, WWIII, etc. Critical thinking, civil society, and basic civil discourse are rapidly fading.
Yes...

how dare anyone not lockstep with the doomsaying guilt preachers. I mean, How could they not? The data and messaging has been so succinct and consistent throughout. What a bunch of idiots the citizens of this country are.

It isn't like we have seen every aspect of this catastrophe politicized.

We certainly didn't see anyone do stupid **** like lecturing the average citizen on responsibility while purposefully inserting viral vectors into nursing homes and LTCF's.

We also know that those in leadership have nothing but our best interests at heart by the way they were so willing to allow doctors treat the disease as they saw fit without interference or limiting the use of certain drugs for profit and political gain.

It is ludicrous that more didn't do their patriotic duty and stay home while some were gathering in their thousands and hundreds of thousands to protest and burn down cities. The former continually being slammed with guilt that they aren't doing enough, the latter's dangerous behavior being applauded.

It's just retarded that anyone could or would not fall right in line and go along with the royal dictates and mandates of the officials who determined that those who run small businesses up and down main street America must be forced to close, and perhaps lose everything while the big chain stores stay open. Or is that one of the sacrifices that you were saying no one was willing to make?

There's a lot more, but I think you get the idea, and I believe you think far too little of your fellow citizens.

Do you not see that this is just another way to divide the citizens of this nation, this world? There are those here who have, in a not so veiled way, wished others here would get sick. They have reveled in the increase in cases and deaths, so they could go: "SEE? I WAS RIGHT!" and thereby feel superior in their viewpoints.

No one with the ability to think can look at what has taken place, the sudden growth of dictatorial power by government officials and not doubt every ****ing word that comes out of the mouth of said officials. That is, unless, they live every day of their lives in sheer terror of getting infected.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
This thread highlights the tendency of some members to refuse to believe anything they choose not to. Facts be damned... :juggle:
That statement could go either way on the spectrum of any covid (or mask) "argument". From the start of this, we've had credible experts with opposing opinions, and often they will turn on a dime to the polar opposite view. The biased media, and truly stupid politicians don't help either. I wish we could just get the damn truth.

·
Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
28,467 Posts
All the chuckleheads with the inside scoop from their underground Facebook news outlets will deny it until their dying breath. Their mother could die of it, and still it’s an overblown conspiracy to overthrow their greatest president in American history by Soros and his bilderburger team......
You keep using the words "deny" and "conspiracy". Quote any post in this thread denying the existence of COVID, or thinking it's a conspiracy.

Just one.

We'll wait.

·
Anti-Federalist
17,497 Posts
well at the ACTUAL DEATH RATE im willing to risk it as ive got somewhere between a 97-99% shot to fully recover OR just be slightly sick...

We won't have an actual death rate until the "season" ends. Most people aren't calculating it correctly even for the numbers we do have.

·
Registered
15,107 Posts
Th
We won't have an actual death rate until the "season" ends. Most people aren't calculating it correctly even for the numbers we do have.
Thats ok you do you I will do me you stay inside with your mask i will just "risk it" and im even high risk...but im ok with that.

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
And we may not know for years. We may just end up with estimates. We can maybe get closer, but not if we count every death of a person test positive, or suspected of being positive as a death from CoVid-19 Regardless of cause of death, and we continue to use tests that have 30% false positive rates.

About 40% of US adults, if tested would show they had previously been infected with CMV, an infectious disease that can be fatal or have long term effects. Yet, I have only known one person that knew that they have had it, me. I was in the hospital for 4 days before they figured out what it was. Got out of the hospital in 7 days. I had 100+ degree fevers for more than 30 days.

However, many infected people have mild cold or flu line symptoms and it passes.

Have you guys been staying home, wearing masks, social distancing for you whole life to protect yourself from CMV? I didn’t think so. Heck 40% probably have had it and didn’t even know.

Do they even track CMV deaths? Those deaths probably get lumped into the Flu, cold or Pneumonia deaths.

We are being manipulated and terrorized by the 24 hour news cycle. I read an article that said like 71 million people failed to get treatments for things that they would normally been treated for, all due to reduction in available healthcare, and also fear of getting CoVid-19. That will have long term health effects that will not be captured, all due to fear mongering. I hope you guys are happy.

·
Anti-Federalist
17,497 Posts
Th

Thats ok you do you I will do me you stay inside with your mask i will just "risk it" and im even high risk...but im ok with that.

I haven't skipped a beat since this whole thing started. I go to work every day and follow the precautions my company implemented. I'm merely pointing you can't have a death rate until it's run it's course and your numbers are meaningless.

Reactions: CBennett

·
Registered
15,107 Posts
I haven't skipped a beat since this whole thing started. I go to work every day and follow the precautions my company implemented. I'm merely pointing you can't have a death rate until it's run it's course and your numbers are meaningless.
just using what ive seen. And same..im just watching where I go and if they want masks on I wear it..other than that pretty much the "norm" here. (re-reading my post i came off as kinda a jerk, was just trying to more or less say, I dont really do anything differently and havent missed much of anything. 1 camping trip and 1 concert.

Only thing ive been doing less is shooting range and thats just because u cant find ammo..

·
Registered
12,044 Posts

·
AAAMAD
30,411 Posts
Of course...they get Federal $$$ for every COVID-19 death. When hospitals are financially incentivized to report COVID deaths, it's no surprise that you get a lot of non-COVID deaths reported as COVID deaths.

Do we have any actual substantiated cases of this mass misrepresentation, or are we just speculating at what might have happened?

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Yep it just a fake flu...nothing to worry about. Countries throughout the world are making this up. Overall mortality rates have increased as much as 25% in some areas. Yep just the flu....all carry on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Do we have any actual substantiated cases of this mass misrepresentation, or are we just speculating at what might have happened?
I’m sure there are cases of both mistakes and misrepresentations. Let’s face it, dishonesty exists in every facet of life. To honestly believe there are a substantial number of these in that 170k figure is just naivety at its greatest. If that were true how could anyone believe anything that is said or studied in this country?? A few number of these incidents gets blown out of proportion on the internet and suddenly everyone has the facts. I truly am intrigued by it though. How many deaths will it take to get us all in the same page?? I honestly hope we don’t find out but things certainly don’t seem to be slowing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
Since Dr.Birx said they are counting deaths with CoVid-19, and not from it. How can anyone be expected to trust the numbers. Given that the number of strokes and heart attacks presenting at ERs has dropped significantly, and in home deaths have increased, how can we trust that excess deaths method of determining CoVid deaths be trusted? Given up to 30% false positive on CoVid test, and counting with Covid as CoVid, how can we trust the numbers.

Given my wife was told yesterday, when she was force to take a CoVid test when she presented with sinus infection symptoms, that if she didn’t take the test, she would reported as positive for CoVid, how can we trust the numbers? given that CoVid deaths include people that are presumed to have it but not tested, how can we trust the numbers?

How many “corner cases”, and exceptions, and mistakes, False positives, and presumed cases does it take to realize the numbers are not trustworthy?

·
King Doofus.
5,469 Posts
I personally know of at least two peoole who were listed as "covid probable" even though they both tested negative.
Keep believing the BS if it makes you happy.

61 - 80 of 91 Posts