Couple of "new" indoor ranges just north of Pittsburgh

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania Glockers Club' started by Orive 8, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Orive 8

Orive 8

Just wanted to post this in case any of you "gun" guys or gals are planning a trip out to Pittsburgh. Two new ranges have opened up just north of Pittsburgh.

Keystone Shooting Center, actually opened last December. Very nice, upscale indoor range. I am a member there.

INPAX Academy, an indoor range and training center; just had their grand opening last week. Again; very nice, upscale range and the company has been in the area doing training for a while.

Both are a little on the expensive side, but both are top shelf. Check them out if you are in the area.

2. elkhart

elkhart

I'm a member of the INPAX in Ross. Nice place, sure beats going to the Wexford Game Commission range! The range is very nice, has sound reduction material on walls; bullet proof between stalls, electronic target holder (not sure what the technical name is), excellent ventilation system for lead contamination control. Prices in the shop are very competitive. Downside is the staff is constantly trying to upsell you on things. But they are very courteous and helpful, so a "no thanks" is enough.

3. Orive 8

Orive 8

I've been out to the INPAX range on couple of occasions and shot there a while back with a buddy. My Keystone membership renewal comes up at the end of December and I have been trying to figure out which way to go.

I'm leaning towards Keystone because the drive up from the South Hills via 79 is easier (only about 5-10 minutes faster though) and my main use for the range is winter time shooting.

Again, both ranges are top shelf.

4. elkhart

elkhart

It's nice to have good choices!