Couple mods to my MKIV and Victory

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by arndog123, Sep 27, 2020.

1. arndog123

arndog123

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I wasn’t happy with the stock trigger on the Ruger. It was heavy and very gritty. Decided on installing a Volquartsen accurizing kit and Tandemkross flat face shoe. Night/day difference. Trigger pull is lighter and so smooth. Having the ability to adjust pre and over travel is nice too.

Also installed a Lobos industries low mount for the Holosun 407c. It just was too high sitting on clamp mount on the stock rail.

The Victory 22 came from the factory with an excellent trigger but decided to install the same flat face shoe from Tandemkross. I still prefer the S&W trigger over the MKIV’s even with the Volquartsen kit in it. It just feels more crisp. It’s very close though.

Also ditched the plastic rail on the Victory and mounted a Shadow mount also from Tandemkross. It’s made of aluminum and has holes to accommodate a wide variety of red dots. It too mounts the dot lower closer to barrel.

I’m really looking forward to trying the new mods out. Got a busy week so hoping maybe next weekend.

2. 1eyedjack01

1eyedjack01

Looks like you are all set. Enjoy...

El Pistolero likes this.

3. ronin.45

ronin.45

The VQ trigger parts make for a sweet trigger. If your Victory is close to that from the factory, you lucked out.
    I like the TK flat triggers, but opted for the VQ Hybrid style in the full kit. I prefer a smooth face.
    I went with a low mount on my last build too. Having the Holosun low is real nice. Mine was MaddMac's.
    Those should both be great shooters.

4. DrewBone

DrewBone

Both look great 'arny, and I'm glad you're happy with the changes you've made in both pistols!

I haven't yet realized any benefit to a flat trigger...the one that came with the Volquartsen Accurizing kit I installed in my Ruger and the stock trigger in my SW22 are just fine for me. I'm also in agreement with you that the trigger action in my SW22 is quite fine as it is, so I've left it as is from the factory.

I also went the Lobos Industries Vortex Viper mount for one of my Ruger uppers ('haven't decided which one to mount it to yet so it sits in the bag it was shipped in) not only because it sits your optic lower than most but because instead of looking all blocky like the others available it actually has a very aestheticly pleasing aerodynamic design.

Thanks for posting, and have fun :)

El Pistolero likes this.
  5. BUG'S

BUG'S

Which one do you like better? Been thinking of getting the Ruger or Smith.

El Pistolero likes this.
  6. Walk Soft

Walk Soft

I’ve been thinking about ordering the TK Thunder hammer and trigger for my Victory. I also want the VQ laminated grips. I sometimes have a Vortex Venom on mine, but I keep taking it off because I like shooting with the iron FO sights pretty well. It’s a little more challenging.

B C and El Pistolero like this.
  7. arndog123

arndog123

If I had to choose only one it would be the Smith. It has a better trigger, doesn’t cost as much and seems better made. I have to regularly wipe down the Ruger with oil to keep minor surface rust from showing up.

B C, BUG'S, Walk Soft and 1 other person like this.
  8. Spats McGee

Spats McGee

That's a good-looking pair o' pistols!

El Pistolero likes this.
  9. El Pistolero

El Pistolero bene vivere Silver Member

7,850 ft up in the New Mexico Rocky Mountains
  10. BUG'S

BUG'S

Thank you.

B C likes this.
  11. 1eyedjack01

1eyedjack01

Ruger is the best choice hands down. A VQ sear and trigger will give you a wonderful target trigger that puts the Smith to shame. Plus as with most things Ruger there are tons of aftermarket parts available for you to use if you do choose.

12. arndog123

arndog123

Not a problem. Just noticed your sig pic. Current or ex squid?:flag::cheers:

13. BUG'S

BUG'S

EX.

14. B C

B C

Not surprising, the Victory is such a good gun and a great deal right out of the box.

Great setups on both guns. They look amazing.

Did you notice a difference in accuracy with the Volquartsen barrel?

Walk Soft likes this.
  15. arndog123

arndog123

Same here.

BUG'S likes this.
  16. arndog123

arndog123

Thanks. I mainly bought the barrel for the threading and looks.:couch: Can’t really say if it made the gun more accurate because I didn’t see any difference between it and the stock barrel. I’ve never put it on a rest to see how it grouped. I like to plink at steel and clay pigeons around 25-50 yds.

Walk Soft likes this.
  17. Walk Soft

Walk Soft

This is a 50 yard target shooting my Victory seated at a bench, with a normal two handed grip, but touching the butt of the pistol on the bench, no bag or rest. It was Blazer Ammo. The middle right dot’s 5 shot group rivals that of my best scoped .22 rifle. The five shots in the head area was standing. My Victory is stock except for a RDS, for now. 0DAF4252-33DC-4FB6-B9A9-00F697CFEAD0.jpeg
    I like The Marks too, but I’m smitten with the Victory. I would like to have a 41. The last time I went to buy one I bought this instead. 97DE8F1E-FD19-4005-A250-3F8C4D2CC618.jpeg

arndog123 likes this.
  18. arndog123

arndog123

N
    Nice!:cheers:

Walk Soft likes this.