Couple is an example of why 2a has already failed.

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Rick James45, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Rick James45

Rick James45

"Authorities in St. Louis executed a search warrant Friday evening at the home of Mark and Patricia McCloskey, the couple who made headlines last month when they took up arms to defend their home from protesters.

During the search, police seized the rifle that Mark McCloskey was shown holding during the June 28 incident, KSDK-TV of St. Louis reported, citing information from a source."

Maybe we don't have all the facts? Some other sinister work at play?

IMHO, this is just a big flex by the evil shadows to show America you will not resist. You will not use your 2a. You will not defend.

Think about it. These are two lawyers, seem to be of financial means and in a very private community. Perfect example to show how the evil doers will crush someone exercising their 2a rights. The couple already has a big jump on what the normal unwashed would have defending the use of 2a. ($$$ - Lawyers - self employed)

If this was my poor a$$ I would have to get a lawyer that I can't afford. Very likely loose my job and many other hardships.

General soft a$$ blowhards now talking about "gonna get my gun and defend my xyz".

No - No you are not. You are going to shut your mouth, suck it up and go back to your soft living. You are not going to jeopardize your cozy home, job, your Ford 250 and access to so much online streaming of crap on the tele. Little shiny prizes to keep the unwashed under control.

No, you will do nothing. The evil doers just gave you a plain demonstration of what will happen if you resist.

IMHO, their is no silent majority, don't fool yourself. Maybe 30 years ago? Prove my wrong and I hope I am wrong.

Just like this couple, you have been served.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/missouri...have-rifle-seized-during-police-search-report

GlockPolock, LOOT, NoJoy and 22 others like this.
  2. nutsnax

nutsnax

The veneer of civility is held up by easy access to credit for the masses.

DonGlock26, Wasatch and pizza_pablo like this.

3. BillKilgore

BillKilgore

I hope you are wrong, but we will have to see how this plays out. The article said "Soon after the June incident, Kimberly Gardner, circuit attorney in St. Louis, announced that her office and the St. Louis Police Department would be conducting an investigation into the McCloskeys’ display of firearms". I hope the McCloskey's have grounds to sue the city.

Glockdude1, Schrag4, Neldon and 15 others like this.
  4. Rick James45

Rick James45

I really hope I am wrong. From Flynn to this couple, it is clear the justice system has become weaponized and to be used by a select few.

The DA in this case received 30K in her election campaign direct from Soros. Look it up.

There is a clear agenda and it boggles me on how others do not seem to care. Or does it go back to my post above. America has become very soft. Like putty, to be molded into the utopia the evil doers promises.

Willard, nrajeff, B C and 25 others like this.
  5. TeaDub

TeaDub

Not all District Attorneys are created equal...

MCCM, flyover, DonGlock26 and 6 others like this.
  6. Tuner Sandwich

Tuner Sandwich

This is all Obama's legacy. We were so preoccupied with Obamacare type distractions. We never watched for the slight of hand. The Community Organizer in Chief built a Nationwide organization that is now bearing fruit.

From terrorist organizations in the streets, to crooked DAs, mayor's, they control our police departments, they control our legal system, they are deeply embedded.

All under our noses. He said he was going to fundamentally transform America. We assumed that meant, during his time in office, through use of the Federal government.

Nope. This is it. This is the Legacy. Let the transformation begin.

The Snake in the Grassroots, Community Organizer in Chief, he plays a long game like all Communists. They don't look 4 years, 8 years, no, they look decades and centuries.

NJ1911, Ofc.JL, nrajeff and 25 others like this.
  7. stonesfan99

stonesfan99

It's interesting how the ACLU isn't rushing in to take the case pro-bono. I bet you if it was some case where police assaulted a minority they would. But yes it is sad that these people have to explain why they defended themselves from a violent mob.

Neldon, nrajeff, benben and 12 others like this.
  8. GlockAndMan

GlockAndMan

With scum like Soros pouring billions to undermine America, it's no wonder that 2a can fail. The problem is that the enemies of America are organized, but patriots are not allowed to be organized.

bostoned, nrajeff, sonoma and 6 others like this.
  9. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

It isn't the 2A that has failed - they failed by choosing to live in a city. In a city, the herd mentality of group living, combined with democracy, leads to your life being controlled by filthy communists, like Kimberly Gardner; the police-hating prosecutor the left-wing nuts and criminal element of St. Louis elected. That is the sole source of their problem. She will never stand for anybody standing up to black communists, so she had to make an example of these two.

Who is Kimberly Gardner, St. Louis prosecutor investigating gun-toting couple?

NJ1911, Cambo, nrajeff and 9 others like this.
  10. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

Expect Liberal rule in a Liberal district.

the system is not broken it’s tainted

nrajeff, DonGlock26, n2g and 4 others like this.
  11. HalfHazzard

HalfHazzard Señor Member

Wait, it was the DA or cops that seized the gun? I keep being told most cops won’t follow these anti-2A orders.

bostoned, OXMYX, Cambo and 13 others like this.
  12. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

don’t live in STL, do ya?

RF7126 likes this.
  13. papershoot

papershoot

In 1950, the Census Bureau reported St. Louis's population as 82% White and 17.9% African American. St. Louis has lost 64.0% of its population since the 1950 United States Census, the highest percent of any city that had a population of 100,000 or more at the time of the 1950 Census. Detroit, Michigan, and Youngstown, Ohio, are the only other cities that have had population declines of at least 60% in the same time frame. According to the 2010 United States Census, the population was about 49.2% African American, 43.9% White (42.2% Non-Hispanic White),
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Louis#Demographics

I can't think of a town and city with a majority black population that is prospering. The BLM movement has been weaponized by the left. While I admire the McCloskeys for taking a stand, I would not want my family to live in St. Louis. It would not surprise me if his home owner's policy has a huge spike as his property value drops. I wish Hannity could have given the McCloskeys more time to speak and mention the Soros connection with the DA as well.

nrajeff, 1L26, pizza_pablo and 7 others like this.
  14. NMG26

NMG26

Touche

vikingsoftpaw likes this.
  15. PSUEng

PSUEng

I’d like to know why armed security can be hired and placed on the property but they can’t arm themselves and protect their property.

Lots of corruption in this one and quite possibly a back story that only a few know.

MCCM, nrajeff, GlockPride and 5 others like this.
  16. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

Money is the likely answer.

To be an armed guard in Florida you have to have gone through an approved training program and be licensed.

nrajeff likes this.
  17. Gauss Rifle

Gauss Rifle

Guess I'd just be dead then. ..."eventually"

Sorry but I don't live in a gated community. As such, you don't get manufacture a social crisis, ignore/dismiss my call for help when said crisis reaches my home, wait until it's "safe" to come out of hiding, then come to my door with a piece of paper signed by some leftist @$$hat sitting in a gated community, expecting to take away my means to defend myself against the threat you not only refused to deal with but created.

I don't play that crap.

Not everyone is a weak, scared, spoiled, suburbanite. Start pushing people who have little to nothing to lose and things WILL get ugly. Mark my words.

Find out.jpg

Please just blur out prohibited words before posting your memes. - RussP

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2020
    Cambo, RovinOn, slym2none and 5 others like this.
  18. Bradley T

Bradley T

19. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

All that you say is likely true.

But hasn't it always been the case that you have to win in a court of law? The law is going after them. The government is going after them. It is wrong that is happening. Maybe it happens more nowadays, especially about guns. But the government does go after people.

Was the defense legal, and can they prove it in a court of law?

I know I live in a commie state, but I've always understood I can't use my guns to defend anything other than murder, rape, and arson. And then I'd likely have to prove that justifiable defense in court.

I can't crowd control with a gun. I can't riot control. Should people be legally allowed to do more with a gun? If so, some laws should change.

This battle between left and right keeps going in. We need more pro-gun Supreme Court judges. And more pro-gun federal judges. And a more pro-gun senators. And more pro-gun representatives. Yet on this very pro-gun website we have people not supporting Trump. If a pro-gun website isn't going to support a president who will put pro-gun judges in place, then we have trouble.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    Neldon, LOOT, Doc McGlock and 5 others like this.
  20. evlbruce

evlbruce

Let the mob burn your home and kill your dog. Bigot.

jcm3, nrajeff, badge315 and 7 others like this.