Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you keep track of how many rounds you have fired through your glock?

·
Banned
3,084 Posts
I loose count (or don't care) after the first few box's.

As long as it functions fine.:wavey::wavey:

·
Banned
2,504 Posts
When I had a 17L I counted pounds of powder. I did 30 pounds of Viht N330 at less than 7 grains a round. That was 30,000+ rounds from just that one powder........

·
Nibb
4,183 Posts
I counted until I fired around 11,000 th round....now I estimate , and am at about 21,000 rounds with only a couple glitches in all those rounds....

Mout, I am....yup...:cool:

·
Armed & Safe
2,196 Posts
I keep a spreadsheet of rounds through all of my guns. Until earlier this year I had round counts for guns I no longer owned.

I like to know how many rounds are through my guns, especially my carry guns. It helps me know when to do things like detailed cleaning and spring replacement. And it's handy to have a round count if you sell a gun.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I too keep a log of every round fired through many of my guns. Such as style of bullet and if any problems came up. Some feel its strange,, but thats what makes this country great,, do what ya want.

·
Registered
371 Posts
used to, not anymore... would rather focus on shootin and not countin...:cool:

·
Da Da
7,195 Posts
I only own one .45.

I've bought 4,000 plus rounds in two years.

I have 1,200 on hand. (I just counted)

I know it's been 2,000+ since I cleaned my G30.

I was running an experiment on how long to go between cleanings, but lost tract of exact numbers

So my G30 has about 2,800 down range.

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
Yep, I'm a bit anal that way. Spreadsheet with date, and rounds by specific ammo. I even have columns for failure by type -- in case I ever have a failure :cool:

I have an other spreadsheet with all the ammo types I've used, the cost per box/round, current inventory boxed, inventory loaded into mags, and total value. Then I have subtotals such as: 9mm practice, 9mm sd, total 9mm, .40 practice, .40 sd, total .40, total practice, total sd, total. Excel does all the math, it just takes a minute to update whenever I purchase or fire ammo.

Like I said, I'm anal that way.

·
I. B. Glockin'...again. :^)
1,735 Posts
I have some guns that were owned by someone else before I got them. But all the guns that I get new I keep shooting logs on all of them. Each time I go to the range when I get home I pull the log for the guns I took that day and make entries. Date, Location, number of rounds fired, Brand and type of ammo used. and a section for any comments as to occurrences or performace of gun/ammo, etc.

I enjoy looking back and being aware of the history of my guns. I find it interesting to look back on a gun I've had a while and see how many rounds I've fired through it. And spend an hour wishing I had all that money back.

Not sure why I do it, really, I don't sell guns I buy them so it isn't like I need the info for a prospective buyer. It's just something I like to do.

·
456 Posts
Once I broke it in I quit counting. If I change a part or modify it, I'll keep track for a couple hundred rounds or so, but no need to after that. As somebody already said, it's more fun to shoot than to count.

·
NY Yankees
37 Posts
I also have an excel spreadsheet detailing the dates I shoot, what type of ammo used(grain sizes, bullet type, etc.), how many round of that ammo, and it automatically tabulates the total rounds fired in a separate column. I also have a column for 'Malfunctions" and I believe that will probably never be used. It only takes me a few seconds after I clean the gun when I get home to just go in and type a few things and click save. This way, 20 years down the line, I know exactly what my gun has been through.

·
Shellback
5,833 Posts
Cyroceon said:
I also have an excel spreadsheet detailing the dates I shoot, what type of ammo used(grain sizes, bullet type, etc.), how many round of that ammo, and it automatically tabulates the total rounds fired in a separate column. I also have a column for 'Malfunctions" and I believe that will probably never be used. It only takes me a few seconds after I clean the gun when I get home to just go in and type a few things and click save. This way, 20 years down the line, I know exactly what my gun has been through.
Dang, I do the same exact thing.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts