close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Counterfeit Glock Mags?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by r0gue, May 18, 2007.

1. r0gue

r0gue

Counterfeit Glock Mags?

Hi,

I'm new to Glocks, and I received a warning about fake Glock mags being sold from some of the large on-line sources. Has anyone else heard this? Is it true? How could you tell a counterfeit Glock mag?

A friend has a G23 and the rounds do not line up to the indicators on the magazines rear. Is that common, or might those mags be conterfiet?

Where is the best (assurance of genuine product / and good pricing) source for G23 and G19 mags?

Thanks guys!
    r0gue

2. rich52us

rich52us

Well, I wouldn't exactly call them conterfiet. They're "after market" by manufacturers other than Glock. When purchasing mags for my Glocks, I always make sure they are manufactured by Glock. The Glock mags are the most reliable. The after market mags can be cheaper, but not worth it IMO.

3. r0gue

r0gue

I guess what I'm saying is that I had heard that the mags were marked Glock, but were in fact chinese knock-offs.

4. rich52us

rich52us

That's one I haven't heard before. As far a s the rounds not lining up in the holes, that's not a big deal. That can change as the mag springs break in anyway.

5. MonkeyGun

MonkeyGun Senior Member

Counterfeiters like to make things that sell in super large quantities, While Glocks do sell in large quantities, I can't believe the demand is that high for Counterfeiters to notice and try to make these. But, it is possible.

6. Fredman

Fredman Scallywag

Plus, the mags aren't that expensive to begin with. Not like a knock-off is going to sell for $5 or anything; one that cheap would be visibly inferior.