close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Counter Strike : Source

Discussion in 'The Players Club' started by Rasco, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Rasco

Rasco Swollen Member

I assume many of you have played the original CounterStrike, as it was very popular, but any of you play CS Source?

I uninstalled BF : Vietnam after about a month of neglecting it in favor of CS:S. Source has pretty much all the same weapons as the original, but used the new Half-Life 2 source engine.

Anyways, I fine it to be one of the most realistic and accurate online shooters these days. Has most of the popular guns of the day (USP, TMP, SIG, Five seveN, AUG, etc).

I find it almost as realistic as America's Army, but the frag grenades are not nearly as deadly, and it's overall funner and more fast paced.

I always hated the slow *** pacing of America's Army. Makes a better trainer than a game.

Anyways, my name in CS:S is the same as here, Rasco

2. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Lifetime Member Millennium Member

I dislike Source for the same reason as CS.

The guns are overaccurate (hard to actually miss). You can't go prone. You can do things in teh game you can't in real life and vice versa.

I played CS from the week it came out till about 2002 then got tired of the idiots on it and the unrealism.

I now play Call of Duty and COD: United Offensive (MUCH more realistic as an infantry simulator.... grenades frag better, you actually use the iron sights and sight picture to hit things, etc). If they made a modern-weapons variant of the COD engine, it'd be insanely good.

3. Rasco

Rasco Swollen Member

I've always wanted to get into COD online. I played in on a LAN with my brother and I gotta tell ya, 1 on 1 COD is not very fun.

But I could tell the game had great potential. I always loved the single player COD. Especially the expansion. I thought the angle of playing as all the allies was great and original.

I always wanted to play as a Russian at Stalingrad.

I really should go out and buy it. I play Source because I got it for free. I have an aversion to paying retail for games, but I did it for Battlefield, so I should do it for COD.

4. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Lifetime Member Millennium Member

I play at a friend's LAN center.

I was annihilating people with the M1 and G43 last night. I usually use the BAR or MP44/Stg45 assault rifle but I got back to basics with the M1 and whacked people across the map with iron sights. Ticks them off and it's where i got my name (That Bastard Who Aims, rather ungratefully bestowed on me by a guy I headshotted at 90 yards with iron sights).

I was on a server with 20 per side, artillery dropping in, smoke grenades everywhere, ground shaking, MG's putting people down left and right, snipers and grenades raising havoc, the occasional satchel charges clearing houses the hard way, and the classic "RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Flamethrower.. (Artillery and flamethrower, satchel charges available in the United Offensive add-on). GET BOTH it's worth it.

5. TomSplasky

TomSplasky Encase Elegance

If CS:S or America's Army is an actual depiction of real life combat, we're all doomed.

Part of it being giving 100s of 10 year olds live ammo.

6. G-sus

G-sus Dutch Member

I do that sometimes, both choose sniper and start sneeking. It's all about positions and it is very good entertainment.

Usually I hate sniper in online gaming, but 1 on 1 over lan, it's A LOT of fun. You can watch the replay of how he saw you. Since you are both sneaking and camping.

Rushing against eachother 1 on 1 is no fun, but online it's the best.

Just MHO