close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Counter Strike-Condition Zero Questions

Discussion in 'The Players Club' started by GlockGuy24, Nov 28, 2004.

1. GlockGuy24

GlockGuy24

Im going to be getting Counter Strike-Condition Zero and I have a some questions:

1.Does this game need steam or do I just install it and I can play it?
    2.How do I know what graphic card I have? I have a E-Machines Computer model T2792.
    3.Do you think I will lag? I have played other CS games and always have 0 ping. I have Road Runner which is DSL.

2. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

You can play two sets of missions by yourself. When you want to play with others, you have to do it using steam. You can set up the games to have bot players. They can be very challenging if you set them to hard.

3. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

1. You don't need the BS Activation Scheme HL2 does, if that's what you mean.

2. R. click the desktop, then navigate >Properties> Settings Tab> Advanced> Adapter. That will show you, but I bet it is either old or onboard, since EMachines aren't known for selling top-quality hardware. Hopefully you have an AGP slot for fairly-painless 3D upgrades!!

3. Lag (or, more properly, network latency) all depends on the server you are gaming on at the moment. Some won't 'lag', some will, and a few will be nearly unplayable.

One other item: my clients tell me that there is no "matchmaking" service on CS:S, so you need to know someone else's IP addy to get a game going. Seems beyond stupid to me, but since I have not played it or been paid to investigate I can't say for sure. It'd be the only online FPS to screw up that bad, if that's true!!

Good luck,

FastVFR