close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Councilman wants sheriff to stop urging people to get CCW permit

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by HerrGlock, Jan 25, 2012.

1. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

It's switched from "Never talk to the Police" to "Never let the Police talk". :tbo:

2. speedfreakssj

speedfreakssj

Hmm so as i read it, the councilman a "large" group (3 dozen so 36 people) of at-risk youth voters so to say, THUS everyone should not carry so "his group" can do armed robberies at the waffle house or cause disturbances at the park safely?

I say the sherrif should kick this moron out of town for leading a gang or such.

3. jpa

jpa CLM

Wow, the area's "lone Democrat" eh? That says about all I think we need it to say....

4. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

Leopards just can't scrub those spots. He sounds like a sheriff I could work for.

5. Paul53

Paul53 Scream catcher

The councilman is also a bit illiterate. He contradicts himself with the word "irreprehensible."

6. jeager

jeager

"permit" for something in the Bill of Rights?
    two legs BAD, four legs GOOD

7. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

8. Misty02

Misty02

Well, my computer refuses to open the story but I get the gist of it and from excerpts in the google search for other similar ones. Is this one related? http://gunsnplanes.blogspot.com/2011/11/sheriff-urges-citizens-get-concealed.html (language alert).

If the system can’t seem to keep a man like that behind bars and people are in danger, what other possible recommendation seems sensible? :dunno:

ETA: I don’t understand, why are some politicians more concerned with the welfare of criminals than that of their victims? Shouldn’t they be encouraging people to do what they can to stay safe?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  9. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I didn't realize it before I worked in government and had to watch the legislative process and all. Ever wonder why a national priority for democrats is to get immediate restoration of voting rights for felons released from prison - or even to allow voting from inside prisons in some states?

It's all about who the voters are and, in most states, most gun owners and CCWers vote Republican, while most criminals and their families vote Democrat. Just like how, with a Democrat in the white house, you get the idea that people in the military vote Republican, while people on welfare vote Democrat. Many of their political beliefs are simply a matter of who keeps them in office, getting a paycheck. Not intended to be an insult, it's just the plain truth. In Michael Brown's case, my bet says it's also a racial issue, at least as much as a political one.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  10. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

The more people get shot, the fewer people he has voting for him. He actually IS looking out for his constituency.

11. RYT 2BER

RYT 2BER

This is an excellent question... I for one believe that the main problem in this and most cases are that politicians are generally ignorant.

Especially at this level. "Council members" are often a hodgepodge of local business people, homemakers and such. I am forced to be involved with some local politicians where I live and you would be shocked that these people are so called "elected officials".

The average councilman or councilwoman can't balance a checkbook, but they are "legislating". I guess its one of the fleas that go with the dog of freedom... intelligence is no requirement...

At the higher levels, you have the same dbags just who have spent more time in the process... :faint:

12. Santa CruZin

Santa CruZin RIP Mr. Mayor

"Instrumentalities of violence"?

13. speedfreakssj

speedfreakssj

My guess is that councilman brown has the same level of education as those "Black Boys of Distinction". Should be around the same as the "skool system of irritational peeple of da hood" :tongueout:

14. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

Well you see my dear the criminals need the politicians and we the good decent people do not need them. They need them to keep us from killing them when they try to rape/murder/rob and other "ill stuff".

15. A6Gator

A6Gator

How does encouraging people to comply with the law (by getting CCW permits) "promote an environment of lawlessness in the community"?

Sounds like Nancy Pelosi...:supergrin:

16. Caver 60

Caver 60

You got that right.

17. DaneA

DaneA

Looks like after the next election there may not be a lone Democrat.

18. mj9mm

mj9mm

"Spartanburg County Sheriff Chuck Wright talks about a recent shooting at the Waffle House on Chesnee Highway, where a robbery suspect was shot and killed by a man carrying a concealed weapon. Councilman Michael Brown opposes Wright's comments urging residents to get concealed weapons permits."
    maybe the suspect was a friend of his, or maybe he is just an idiot who could care less about the good people living in his district:whistling:

19. meathead19

meathead19

Because there are SOOOO many licensed carriers going around robbing folks, banks and committing crimes and just being "lawless."

It's a freaking epidemic I tell ya.